"Caverns of Sonora" Sonora by darthmilmo
Sonora Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 87 photos
This page is dedicated to the Caverns of Sonora, not the actual town itself.
One of the top 4 caverns in the United States, the cavern is located near the town of Sonora, a few miles from I-10 (between Ft Stockton and San Antonio). There are 3 types of tours. The first two don't require prior appointments. The first tour (cost $14) lasts 1hr 15min The second tour (cost $20) lasts 1hr 45min. The second tour covers most, if not all, of what the first tours covers. The third type of tours, the wild tours, take up to 4 hours (cost $75-125) and require a couple of weeks advance notice.
Personally, the second tour is the best for the price/time. You get to see most of the amazing attractions and you don't have to cough up the big bucks. Some of the attractions include the crystal room, the ice room, the coral/popcorn formations, the butterfly, the big bacon, the snake pit, the only natural made crystal-butterfly in the world, and the ice room.
Feel free to take a tour into the cavern and follow along the paths I took in the 'Must Do section.' Before starting the tour though, make sure you read the three warnings. Enjoy!
If you want additional information, try calling the staff of the Caverns of Sonora at (915) 387-3105 or visit their webpage at http://www.cavernsofsonora.com.
Please respect my photos and me by not using my pictures without previous permission. Cheers. © Copyrighted by Darth Milmo :)
I don't know if I was hungry by now or what, but after a while it looked like popcorn was coming out of the cavern... more travel advice
Is it a vase or a couple kissing? If anything, this tour is about opening your mind and expanding your imagination. So... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Sonora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caverns of Sonora"
- "KimberlyAnn's Sonora , Texas Page"
- "Basaic Sonora Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sonora
- Hotels in Sonora
- Transportation in Sonora
- Nightlife in Sonora
- Restaurants in Sonora
- Warnings and Dangers in Sonora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sonora
- 28 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Sonora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sonora
Photos in SonoraSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues