"Down Under" Top 5 Page for this destination Australia by darthmilmo

Australia Travel Guide: 46,041 reviews and 118,275 photos

I had a wonderful time traveling through Australia for five months in 2003 (from July to December). I met tons of interesting folks from all walks of life. Together with them or alone, I had many adventures and misadventures that I will never forget. Although it may not be as exotic as Africa, Asia, or Latin America, Australia was definitely worth it. I miss her already and deep in my heart I know I’ll go back someday. After all, I still need to explore the jewels in Western Australia.

There is no better motivation for making this webpage then Australia itself. I hope the many personal anecdotes and pictures I have posted on this webpage inspire you to go on your own adventure. If you’ve been there or live there, then I hope it reminds you of a similar adventure you have experienced in the past.

Please respect my photos and me by not using my pictures without previous permission. Cheers. © Copyrighted by Darth Milmo :)

• Pros:Endless wonderful attractions that will keep you occupied all through your holiday.
  • Cons:At times, it can get pretty busy with tons of tourists overwhelming the place.
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful place full of friendly locals, interesting places, and a language you can understand.
  • Last visit to Australia: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 11, 2004

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Absolutely magnificent Aussie material Darth!? Big Congrats. Laurie.

• losttribe45's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2010 at 8:01 AM

WOW, thanks for the information, very informative. Can I ask you some other questions also? I heard that being sick in Australia they pay you.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM

well that was a short lasting 4x4 extra adventure! after reading through the remainder of yr W and Danger tips Im glad you survived yr long stint in Australia! excellent range of info here - esp good accommodation tips!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Love your map of Australia, you certainly realized you needed plenty of time to have a look around, glad you enjoyed it.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 5:06 AM

Great and very informative travel page. Greetings.

• SoonBeijing's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Really impressed by all the wonderful information you provide. Great trip and fantastic information. I loved your pages

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I so dream of visiting Oz for 3-6 months. Since I was 16 or so. Sydney, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Melbourne, learning to play the didj . Bookmark your pages.

• Timboli's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Lovely pages :) I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Australia.

• Jan 9, 2007 at 6:01 AM

F - Finally getting around to reading your blog. I notice that you omitted the fact that you abandoned me halfway up cradle mountain and I had to climb with another 2 ladies, one of which had been similarly abandoned by her travel companion.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 1:50 AM

Wonderful pages, great pics. I'll have to lift my game! Great to see you saw lots more than the usual tourist.

darthmilmo

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Australia

Have you been to Australia?

Latest Activity in Australia