"Peru" Peru by darthmilmo
Peru Travel Guide: 7,653 reviews and 20,331 photos
Peru: Land of the Incas, of Vast Jungles, of Towering Snowy Peaks, of Coastal Deserts, of the Inca Kola, and of countless other treasures. This first line of my travelogue sums my thoughts of Peru. I spent 2 months in Peru during my 2001 Journeys Though Latin America. Believe me, it was worth the time.
Someone asked me to name the top 5 things you did in Peru. It was one tough question, but here are my answers in order.
5- Kuelap, near Chachapoyas.
4- 4 day Inca Trail to Machu Pichu
3- Jungle Expedition down the lower Urubamba River (from Ivochote to Sepahua, via Pongo de Mananique)
2- 2 week Homestay in Huaraz w/ a local family. Got to do the Santa Cruz Trek while in the area which is worthwhile too.
and the number 1 thing I did in Peru was...
1- Expedition to the Desert of Ocujaje w/ the Desert Man of Ica. He took us fossil hunting and showed us the geologic history of the region. Amazing experience
I have posted my travelogue of my adventures as well as a few tips in here. I've also started several other pages relating to the many tips so check out my other locations in Peru. Enjoy!
Please respect my photos and me by not using my pictures without previous permission. Cheers. © Copyrighted by Darth Milmo :)
- Pros:Pre-Inka Cultures, Inkas, Jungles, Mountains, Desert, Coast, Nasca Lines, and more!
- In a nutshell:Peru is more than just Cusco and Machu Picchu, get off the gringo trail and explore the beautiful unknowns!
There are dozens of neat places worth exploring in Peru. I lucked out and spent 2 lovely months in this amazing country.... more travel advice
In some of the remote off-the-beaten path areas of Peru, your only transport option might be to share a taxi with other... more travel advice
- See All Can a tourist blend in as a Peruvian?
- See All Should I go to Peru? Is it safe?
- See All Hostal San Cristobal
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Peru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Gringa's Peru"
- "The heart of America"
- "Roads less traveled in Peru"
- "Proud to be peruvian!"
- "Peru, my first taste of the Andes and the jungle"
- "Paul2001's Travels Through Peru"
- "And, now, ladies and gentlemen : mas abajo !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peru
- Hotels in Peru
- Transportation in Peru
- Nightlife in Peru
- Restaurants in Peru
- Shopping in Peru
- Warnings and Dangers in Peru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peru
- 231 Reviews
- 486 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Peru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peru
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
Top Peru hotels
- Lima Hotels
- 1161 Reviews - 2726 Photos
- Cusco Hotels
- 1061 Reviews - 2272 Photos
- Machu Picchu Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1786 Photos
- Iquitos Hotels
- 134 Reviews - 301 Photos
- San Borja Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Urubamba Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 90 Photos
- Arequipa Hotels
- 312 Reviews - 746 Photos
- Aguas Calientes Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Cuzco Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 522 Photos
- Puerto Maldonado Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 197 Photos
- Chincheros Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 88 Photos
- Isla San Lorenzo Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Chacarilla Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Pisac Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 215 Photos
- Huachipa Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos