"A Journey across Rajasthan" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan by darthmilmo
State of Rajasthan Travel Guide: 3,350 reviews and 10,143 photos
Rajasthan is a state of India rich with history. It is the home of the Maharayas and the powerful Rajasthan armies. The Moghuls invaders from Persia knew better then to fight them off so they allied with them and allowed them to keep regional control. It worked for a few centuries until some of the Maharayas rebelled and took over full control of their princely states. Most were to remain in control until the Indian Independence in the late 1940's. At that time, all the princely states and territories of the union gave up their sovereignty in favor of a unified India. As a tourist today, you can wonder among the many magnificent fortresses and palaces scattered throughout the state. There are so many things to see and do in Rajasthan that I was obliged to build a VT page to share my trip with you.
- Pros:Spectacular forts, lavish palaces, mesmerizing desert scenery, friendly locals
- Cons:not having enough time or money to see it all
- In a nutshell:One of the most colorful regions in India
I came to Bikaner to undertake a camel safari into the Thar Desert. I started the day by looking for a tour company. I... more travel advice
I first came across this term while visiting the Mekeragarh Fort in Jodhpur. As I walked past the Loha Gate, I noticed... more travel advice
- See All Cycle-rickshaw
- See All Gem Scam in Jaipur and elsewhere in...
- See All Make sure you are on the right Hotel
- See All Sunset at Jaisalmer
darthmilmo's Related Pages
State of Rajasthan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The country of kings."
- "Faces & Places of Rajasthan"
- "Land of the Rajputs"
- "A Journey across Rajasthan"
- "India's tourist state"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Rajasthan
- Hotels in State of Rajasthan
- Transportation in State of Rajasthan
- Nightlife in State of Rajasthan
- Restaurants in State of Rajasthan
- Shopping in State of Rajasthan
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Rajasthan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Rajasthan
- 73 Reviews
- 155 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to State of Rajasthan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Rajasthan
- Posted in Travel Hammamet Forum "RE: Whats the weather like?"
- updated a State of Rajasthan Travel Page "A Journey across Rajasthan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Journey across Rajasthan"
- Wrote a Review Camel Man Safaris, Bikaner in State of Rajasthan Sports & Outdoors
- Commented on one of herzog63's State of Rajasthan travel pages
Photos in State of RajasthanSee All Photos (155)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
Top State of Rajasthan hotels
- Jaipur Hotels
- 1045 Reviews - 3122 Photos
- Udaipur Hotels
- 466 Reviews - 1488 Photos
- Shimla Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 44 Photos
- Jaisalmer Hotels
- 395 Reviews - 1411 Photos
- Jodhpur Hotels
- 356 Reviews - 1019 Photos
- Ajmer Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Bharatpur Hotels
- 75 Reviews - 239 Photos
- Bikaner Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 341 Photos
- Fatehpur Sikri Hotels
- 240 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Udaipur Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Bundi Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 122 Photos
- Amer Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 281 Photos
- Nimaj Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Jaitaran Hotels
- See nearby hotels