"Tihosuco" Estado de Quintana Roo by darthmilmo
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide: 4,673 reviews and 10,675 photos
El Estado de Quintana Roo is a very interesting state. It offers so much, including the beautiful Riviera Maya. Rather then repeating myself, i've posted the information of the lovely small town of Tihosuco located within this state.
On the fourth day at Valladolid, I visited Tihosuco to see its unique museum about the Mayan Caste War. This museum shows the struggle that faced the Maya since the first Europeans arrived until the 1930's. The descendents of the Mayan fought hard against oppressive westerners with little success. In fact, from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's the Mayan rebels almost took charge of the Yucatan peninsula, however, they were stopped by the Yucatan forces, and later the Mexican forces. I learned an interesting historic point in this Museum. Similar to Texas, the Yucatan peninsula separated from Mexico in the 1800's and formed its own country. The shortly lived republic rejoined Mexico later that century.
There is an early bus out of Valladolid that goes to Tihosuco. From Tihosuco, one can grab a collectivo to Felipe... more travel advice
This town is definitely off-the-beaten path for even the bus driver didn't know where its downtown was located :). He... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cenotes and visiting the Maya's"
- "A week on the Riviera Maya"
- "Quintana Roo"
- "Quintana Roo and the maya riviera"
- "Mexico Trip"
- "Fly into Cancun and then GET OUT!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Hotels in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Transportation in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Nightlife in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Restaurants in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Shopping in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Quintana Roo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Estado de Quintana Roo
- 60 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Estado de Quintana Roo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Quintana Roo
Photos in Estado de Quintana RooSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
Top Estado de Quintana Roo hotels
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Tulum Hotels
- 451 Reviews - 1321 Photos
- Akumal Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Puerto Aventuras Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Isla Mujeres Hotels
- 208 Reviews - 572 Photos
- Isla Cozumel Hotels
- 563 Reviews - 1416 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 199 Photos
- San Miguel de Cozumel Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 101 Photos
- Isla Blanca Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Chetumal Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Paraiso Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Isla Holbox Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 117 Photos
- Isla Contoy Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 18 Photos