Russia Shopping Tips by darthmilmo Top 5 Page for this destination
Russia Shopping: 64 reviews and 94 photos
A Magazin is a small store or supermarket where you can buy supplies, food, and snacks. Memorize this fact as it’s easy to confuse a sign of a Magazin with that of a magazine and newspaper vendor from back home :).
What to buy: -Various products ranging in quality and availability.
-Similar to what you would see in a small super market or shop
What to pay: The farther away from civilization, the more you'll pay as there is an added transport cost.
Theme: Food and Drink
Colorful St. Pete local market
As we had time to kill before they opened the Dostoevsky Museum in St. Pete, Anabela and I entered this colorful market. It was a good way to kill some time. Plus we got to see some of the locals in action. Check out this vendor. Ironically, this market was more interestesting then the museum itself :).
What to buy: -Fruits
-Meat and other animal products
Theme: Food and Drink
Hat stall at Vernisazh Market in Moscow
I woke up bright and early the next day to visit the Vernisazh Market at Izmaylovsky Park. The outdoor market is packed with stalls selling decorative art, beautiful hand-crafted goods, soviet memorabilia, antiques, and more. It was a nice place to spend the morning. I bought a typical tacky Russian Hat and a matryoshkas doll.
What to buy: -Souvenirs
-Soviet and Russian Memorabilia
-Antiques (check import/export laws)
What to pay: -Arrive early to get the good deals. Prices double or tripple after 10 AM or 11AM when the main tourist crowd arrives.
-Shop around and Haggle!
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (86)
- See All Money
- See All Fishing
- Dictionary and Phrasebook (both)
- See All Typical Russian hand signs and gestures
- See All Hydrofoil in Lake Baikal
- See All Departure day: Check-in and Passport...
- Inflated Tourist Prices
- TUNGUSKA: A Journey into Siberia's...
- See All Sunset at Lake Teletskoe
- See All Largest Hotel in Europe
- See All Shchashchikla (meat on a stick)
- See All South Lake Baikal and Irkutsk
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Russia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What an interesting country & great architecture !"
- "Once upon a time in Russia..."
- "Russia - my native country"
- "Russia is my second home"
- "Sharrie's Russia Kremlin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Russia
- Hotels in Russia
- Transportation in Russia
- Nightlife in Russia
- Restaurants in Russia
- Shopping in Russia
- Warnings and Dangers in Russia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gorwa Hotels
- Rochester Hotels
- Prince Edward Island
- Albania Hotels
- Lucea Hotels
- Ajman Region
Badges & Stats in Russia
- 89 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Russia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Russia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (79)
Top Russia hotels
- Moscow Hotels
- 4008 Reviews - 9130 Photos
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- 3411 Reviews - 7105 Photos
- Vladivostok Hotels
- 229 Reviews - 533 Photos
- Irkutsk Hotels
- 184 Reviews - 632 Photos
- Murmansk Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Krasnodar Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Chelyabinsk Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Volgograd Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Voronezh Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 76 Photos
- Samara Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Yekaterinburg Hotels
- 164 Reviews - 333 Photos
- Novosibirsk Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 405 Photos
- Kostroma Hotels
- 117 Reviews - 517 Photos
- Kazan' Hotels
- 162 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Perm' Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 173 Photos