"Chichicastenango" Chichicastenango by darthmilmo
Chichicastenango Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 211 photos
I only spend a few hours in Chichicastenango. The only reason I wanted to visit the town was to see what all the fuss regardin the famous Sunday market was about. So I made my way through the famous market and slowly haggled to buy several souvenirs. The Chichicastenango Sunday Market is world renown. It is highly worth the trouble organizing the visit (its best on Sunday!). I even had chance to climb a nearby hill to see the Temple of Pascual Abjal, a local Mayan shrine.
Please respect my photos and me by not using my pictures without previous permission. Cheers. © Copyrighted by Darth Milmo :)
- Pros:Cheap souvenirs, good atmosphere, great picture moments
- Cons:Not much to do other than the market
- In a nutshell:Visit Chichicastenango for a day, it's market is a must do when visiting Guatemala!
As one of the best markets in Central America, the Chichicastenango Sunday Market is worth a visit. This is a both a... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Chichicastenango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Incredible ChiChi"
- "Chichicastenango-Best Marketplace in Guatemala"
- "The best indian market in Guatemala."
- "Market Day in the Highlands"
- "The biggest indian market in Guatemala"
- "Chichicastenango: the biggest market of Guatemala!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chichicastenango
- Hotels in Chichicastenango
- Transportation in Chichicastenango
- Nightlife in Chichicastenango
- Restaurants in Chichicastenango
- Shopping in Chichicastenango
- Warnings and Dangers in Chichicastenango
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chichicastenango
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Chichicastenango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chichicastenango
Photos in ChichicastenangoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues