"Huacachina: a true Oasis" Top 5 Page for this destination Huacachina by darthmilmo
Huacachina Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 119 photos
I came to Huacachina expecting to stay at most one night and one day. My plan was to sand surf the sand dunes with a board for the morning and take a bus out to Nasca at night. Instead, I lost a part of my heart in this lovely oasis. I ended up staying three nights, but there could have easily been more. I made so many fellow travelers at Hostal Casa de Arena that it made me stay a few extra days. Sand boarding was a frightening experience my first day, not as frightening with some alcohol in your body as I will learn a few nights later :). Anyways, my first day was frightening. The walk up the sand dune is tiring to say the least, but the view from the desert on top is amazing. I did some practice on a small sand dune on the back, but ended up falling down every time. I ended up sitting down on my board on the way down :). I didn't stand up until I was almost at the end. Interestingly enough, I found out that if you take your fear of falling, sand boarding is an excellent experience. That afternoon, I climbed to the top of the Sand dune to take some pictures. The 360' view from atop is breathless. You get to see desert all around, except the small oasis of Huacachina. This is just how I had imagined a desert: dunes all over, no life except on or near occasional oasis. I jumped down the dune this time (no not one big jump, jejeje)... let me tell you, it was fun :). I felt like an astronaut jumping on the Moon :).
- Pros:Sand Surf the desert slopes in this amazing picturesque oasis town.
- Cons:As in the beach, sand gest into everything :)
- In a nutshell:Oasis, desert, sandsurf, and more!
I had the privilege to meet the Desert Man of Ica, Roberto Penny Cabrera (from here on known as Desert Man). The Desert... more travel advice
The desert has so much to offer. Some people may look at it with a hald-empty attitude and say there is nothing but sand... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Huacachina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huacachina, a beautiful Oasis on Earth"
- "Huacachina: a true Oasis"
- "Sand, desert, dunes and yourself..."
- "a place to chill, party and play in the sand"
- "Tranquility Amidst Beauty"
- "Sandsurfers paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huacachina
- Hotels in Huacachina
- Transportation in Huacachina
- Restaurants in Huacachina
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nags Head Hotels
- Sandys Parish Hotels
- Lamma Island
- Thunder Bay Hotels
- Mamelodi Hotels
- Hessisch Oldendorf
- New Zealand
- Sequoia National Park
- Province of Pangasinan
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- Lord Howe Island
- Calabria Hotels
- Torre del Mar
Badges & Stats in Huacachina
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Huacachina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huacachina
Photos in HuacachinaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues