"Huaraz: Paradise in the Heart of the Andes" Top 5 Page for this destination Huaraz by darthmilmo
Huaraz Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 285 photos
Arriving from the desert coastal coast, the swift change of sceneries of the mighty Cordillera Negra and Cordillera Blanca around Huaraz was the first thing I can recall of the area. This town, Huaraz, would be my home-base for a few weeks while I explored the Andes with several new friends I made. Together we explored the town itself, we treked the Santa Cruz Trek on Parque Nacional Huascarán, we had an unsuccessful climb of the Pisco Peak (must have had one to many Pisco sours...hahaha), a tour to Chavin de Huantar, home-like stay at Casa de Carlos, and the Cuy a la Huaraz class :). So many cheriched memories :). Hope you enjoy reading through my travelogues, pics, and tips.
- Pros:Mountains, treking, climbing, culture, and more
- In a nutshell:Climbers and Hiker paradise :)
The fourth day we walked from the Quebrada Arhuaycocha to the end of the trail. We descended from an altitude of 4100... more travel advice
The second day turned out to be cloudy at first so we walked only 2 or 3 hours and decided to camp out for the night to... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Huaraz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huaraz: The Acclimatization Project"
- "Huaraz - valley between the Andes"
- "Huaraz: Paradise in the Heart of the Andes"
- "Leaving Chimbote"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huaraz
- Hotels in Huaraz
- Transportation in Huaraz
- Nightlife in Huaraz
- Restaurants in Huaraz
- Shopping in Huaraz
- Warnings and Dangers in Huaraz
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Huaraz
- 16 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Huaraz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huaraz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues