"Huaraz: Paradise in the Heart of the Andes" Top 5 Page for this destination Huaraz by darthmilmo

Huaraz Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 286 photos

Arriving from the desert coastal coast, the swift change of sceneries of the mighty Cordillera Negra and Cordillera Blanca around Huaraz was the first thing I can recall of the area. This town, Huaraz, would be my home-base for a few weeks while I explored the Andes with several new friends I made. Together we explored the town itself, we treked the Santa Cruz Trek on Parque Nacional Huascarán, we had an unsuccessful climb of the Pisco Peak (must have had one to many Pisco sours...hahaha), a tour to Chavin de Huantar, home-like stay at Casa de Carlos, and the Cuy a la Huaraz class :). So many cheriched memories :). Hope you enjoy reading through my travelogues, pics, and tips.

• Pros:Mountains, treking, climbing, culture, and more
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:Climbers and Hiker paradise :)
  • Last visit to Huaraz: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Dec 1, 2002

• AKHTARSAYYAD's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2010 at 7:13 AM

HEYYYYYYYYY what a nice picx of that food ...an animal with all ingredients I would like to eat all thattt....!!! -akhtar

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 12:39 AM

Huascarán must be great Very good page and photos

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2004 at 5:48 PM

Fascinating page. Your photos are astonishing.

• rsalyrosas's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2003 at 4:49 PM

I lived in Huaraz when I was boy. Landscapes are beautiful and mountains excellent to climb. Try Alpamayo, thas is the most beautiful mountain i have ever seen. Gran receta!!!!

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2002 at 2:33 PM

The recipe of Cuy a la Huaraz is great, I must show it to my girl friends at the office!

darthmilmo

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Huaraz