"Nasca" Nazca by darthmilmo
Nazca Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 268 photos
I went to Nasca with one dream in mind: fly above the sky to admire the imfamous Nasca lines from above through a bird's eyes. So, early in the morning, Arco, a Dutch friend and I took a flight on a 4-passenger Cesna aeroplane to see the Nasca lines. Seeing them from the air was amazing. On TV they always look so large and huge, but from the plane they looked small. It wasn't until I heard that each of the dozen lines I saw was over 100 feet that I was truly amazed. The Nasca lines were created by the Nasca civilization depicting several forms such us a whale, a monkey, a spider, a humming bird, a condor, a dog, a pair of hands, an astronaut, a parrot, etc. The most convincing theory to date, in my opinion, is the one suggesting the lines were used by shamans or priests on some sort of religious and drug induce journey on hot air balloons.
- Pros:Nasca Lines
- Cons:Bumpy flight, even in the mornings :)
- In a nutshell:Nasca Lines
The famous Hands shaped Nasca line as seen from the aeroplane. As the other tips in this category, i'll let the picture... more travel advice
The famous Alcatraz shaped Nasca line as seen from the aeroplane. As the other tips in this category, i'll let the... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Nazca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nasca - not only the famous lines of Nasca"
- "Nazca Lines - ancient geoglyphs"
- "The mistery of the lines..."
- "Nazca Lines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nazca
- Hotels in Nazca
- Transportation in Nazca
- Restaurants in Nazca
- Warnings and Dangers in Nazca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nazca
- 12 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Nazca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nazca
Photos in NazcaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues