"Nasca" Nazca by darthmilmo

Nazca Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 268 photos

I went to Nasca with one dream in mind: fly above the sky to admire the imfamous Nasca lines from above through a bird's eyes. So, early in the morning, Arco, a Dutch friend and I took a flight on a 4-passenger Cesna aeroplane to see the Nasca lines. Seeing them from the air was amazing. On TV they always look so large and huge, but from the plane they looked small. It wasn't until I heard that each of the dozen lines I saw was over 100 feet that I was truly amazed. The Nasca lines were created by the Nasca civilization depicting several forms such us a whale, a monkey, a spider, a humming bird, a condor, a dog, a pair of hands, an astronaut, a parrot, etc. The most convincing theory to date, in my opinion, is the one suggesting the lines were used by shamans or priests on some sort of religious and drug induce journey on hot air balloons.

• Pros:Nasca Lines
  • Cons:Bumpy flight, even in the mornings :)
  • In a nutshell:Nasca Lines
  • Last visit to Nazca: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Jan 14, 2003

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2004 at 7:18 AM

Hoping to fly over it this september! I'm sure it's gonna be a trip to remember by :-) How's your trip to India?

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2004 at 8:12 AM

I was here last week and I had wonderful time.

• Jun 11, 2004 at 3:34 AM

Se puede decir que es de los sitios mas incribles de todo el mundo, pero..¿como puedo verlo todo en avión?, un abrazo

• topoftheworl's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2004 at 8:35 AM

Fascinating...

• F.Lade's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 5:14 PM

Awesome pics you got here , hope to see them one day.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2003 at 5:49 AM

I like the monkey pic. :-) I got a hanger from someone who has been there. Great pages

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2003 at 7:08 AM

Those figures have fascinated me ever since i first heard of their existence. Your trip must have been so spectacular!

• May 12, 2003 at 9:10 AM

interesting page, thanks for sharing...

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2003 at 12:51 AM

Really great page! I never knew of the existence of these lines! Wish I could fly over Nasca too one day!!

darthmilmo

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Nazca