"Pisco: Isla Ballestas and Paracas Penninsula" Pisco by darthmilmo
Pisco Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 87 photos
Pisco is a coastal town were one can arrange tours to see the Islas Ballestas and the Paracas Peninsula. Let me tell you, both tours turned out to be kewl. The first tour took us to the Islas Ballestas, the Galapagos of the poor so I've been told ;). It took us 2 hour on boat to reach the island. On the way, we stopped briefly to enjoy the view of the pre-Nasca Pacara line formation in form of a candelabrio, hence its name Candelabrio. It is suppose to be some sort of star map. Afterwards we went to the Islas Ballestas, which are an interesting group of rock formations. In the islands, we got to see hundreds of sea lions, 2 penguins, and other birds native to the island. We took a clockwise tour of the islands and ended up at the maternity area were hundreds of sea lions gather to breed and give birth. Seeing the animals in their natural areas was awesome. The second tour took us into the Paracas Peninsula itself. It engulfs a national park created to protect the fragile desert habitat. We saw the Cathedral rock formation, which is an amazing site. We then proceeded to see the archeological, anthropological, and natural museum. We also saw a colony of flamingos from afar. That same afternoon, I took a bus to Ica, from were I took a taxi to the lovely oasis and town of Huacachina.
- Pros:Fauna at Isla Ballestas and the Amazing Lansdscape of nearby Pacaras Penninsula
- Cons:dormant town
- In a nutshell:Great place for eco-tourism and more!
On the way to Isla Ballestas, we stopped briefly to enjoy the view of the pre-Nasca Pacara line formation that is... more travel advice
We took a clockwise tour of the islands and ended up at the maternity area were hundreds of sea lions gather to breed... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Pisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beautifull coast"
- "PAN AMERICAN HIGHWAY"
- "Pisco in 3 days"
- "Pisco: Isla Ballestas and Paracas Penninsula"
- "Pisco...home of the Pisco Sour and not much else"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisco
- Hotels in Pisco
- Transportation in Pisco
- Restaurants in Pisco
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisco
- 8 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Pisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisco
Photos in PiscoSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues