"Trujillo" Top 5 Page for this destination Trujillo by darthmilmo

Trujillo Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 305 photos

Trujillo is a large metropolis in the northern coast of Peru. I actually stayed in a smaller town of Huanchaca, which is a lovely town about 15 minutes from Trujillo.

One of the days, I took a minibus tour to several sites in the area. Our first stop was at the massive adobe-walled city of Chan Chan. Afterwards, we visited the Moche Pyramids, Huaca el Sol and Huaca la Luna. The last archeological site we saw that day was Huanco el Dragon, a lovely adobe temple, which has interesting crafted dragons and rainbows on its walls. (hence why the locals call this site Huanco Arco Iris). Oh, on the archeological sites, one can see the ugliest dogs on Earth, the Peruvian bread of hairless dogs known as Chinos by the locals.

• Pros:Chan Chan, Huanca el Dragon, Huaca el Sol and Huaca la Luna.
  • Cons:Huge metropolis, stay at Huanchaca
  • In a nutshell:Great place for sight-seeing and relaxing in the northern coast of Peru
  • Last visit to Trujillo: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2003

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Chan Chan sounds very interesting, as do the other sites. Thanks for the info.

• Lis4lou's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Great pages - going to book a tour to Chan Chan and Sipan. Your pages have helped me make up my mind. Especially now I know I can book a flight over the Nazca lines too - my tour operator quoted me £300 for this as an optional extra. Thanks, Lisa

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 2:04 PM

Great pages on Trujillo.. Would love to see Chan Chan.. It looks like a big city of adobe.. Thanks for the pics and the tips.. Rafi

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2004 at 6:44 PM

Very good page. I am thinking of visiting Peru and possibly Trujillo this September. Actually there little in the way of info on Trujillo on VT. Therefore you page was helpful.

darthmilmo

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Badges & Stats in Trujillo

Have you been to Trujillo?

Latest Activity in Trujillo