"Tiahuanuco" Top 5 Page for this destination Tiahuanaco by darthmilmo
Tiahuanaco Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 123 photos
The ruins of Tiahuanuco are one of the most amazing sights in Bolivia. They are so old and mistical it makes one stop and contemplate how they where constructed. Although they are highly deteriorated, the ruins were still impressive. The reason behind the deterioration is not only the hundreds or thousands of years that have past since it was created, but also the fact that the Spaniards used the massive rocks of the ruins to build their Cathedrals and other buildings in near and far away settlements. Some of the statues on site are very interesting. Take a close look at the Viracocha statue. Notice how the statue resembles that of a European. Then take a minute to wonder how the statue was made to resemble a European hundreds of years before the arrival of Colombus to the so called New World. If you like this sight, read Graham Hancock's book: "Fingerprints of the Gods."
If luck is on your side, you may just find yourself in town during the Market day. The market is small, but really... more travel advice
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Tiahuanaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiahuanaco or Tiwanaku?"
- "The Tihuanaco empire, the root of Aymara"
- "Once upon a time, before the incas..."
- "Layers of controversy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiahuanaco
- Hotels in Tiahuanaco
- Transportation in Tiahuanaco
- Nightlife in Tiahuanaco
- Shopping in Tiahuanaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Tiahuanaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiahuanaco
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Tiahuanaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiahuanaco
Photos in TiahuanacoSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues