"Annapurna Conservation Area - a Trekking Guide" Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal by darthmilmo
Annapurna Himal Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 519 photos
The Annapurna Conservation Area boasts some of the best treks in the planet. You can choose between a few days to a few months of rewarding trails. I had the pleasure of trekking thru this region with Kristof, a friend from Belgium. We managed to hike thru the Annapurna Circuit and the Annapurna Sanctuary trails. They are spectacular!
This page in particular is designed as a guide to would be hikers in the region. Please keep in mind that nothing is set in stone in remote areas of the Himalayas so do expect things to change by the time you make it over there. Also, do take weather into account as it’s subject to change. You may get stranded for a few days waiting for a snow storm or rain to pass.
As for times given on the “Things to do” tips, all I ask is for you to please take it as an estimate. The times given in the tips do not (DO NOT) include brakes such as the ones you’ll need to eat lunch, drink tea, enjoy the scenery, or to simply take pictures. If you are a gun-ho hiker then you will find the times given to be too long for you. If you prefer to take it easy and go slowly, then you will find you will be rushing to complete the trek with the times given. I guess the best thing is for you to take things at your own pace. We met this couple from California who where doing the Jomosom trail (typically 7-11 days) in a leisurely 5 weeks! It allowed them time to stay more then a few days in their favorite villages doing side-treks and the like. Personally, I would rather have more time to burn, then being rushed to the end. After all, we all travel to enjoy ourselves, no???
Note: All pictures are copyrighted by darthmilmo - 2004
- Pros:Mesmerizing sceneries, Snowy Mountains, Friendly and diverse people, and more
- Cons:At times it may seem like it's too much of an effort to hike over there
- In a nutshell:One of the best treking regions in the planet.
One of the days along the trek I started thinking about the trek and how I’ve changed the way I thought about it over... more travel advice
There are plenty of treks to chose from depending on your time frame. Word of advice, no matter what trek you chose make... more travel advice
- Do you need a guide or porter?
- See All Water Purifying Tablets
- Shop in Advance in Pokhara or Katmandu
- Buddhism in the Annapurna Sanctuary
- See All Doing part of the trek by Horse?
darthmilmo's Related Pages
Annapurna Himal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Annapurna Conservation Area - a Trekking Guide"
- "Annapurna 6 day's trekking."
- "ANNAPURNA---A DREAM COME TRUE"
- "Trekking Paradise"
- "Trying the Annapurna Circuit"
- "Around the Annapurna's: a first class party trek"
- "Annapurna Base Camp Trek - A superb trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annapurna Himal
- Hotels in Annapurna Himal
- Transportation in Annapurna Himal
- Nightlife in Annapurna Himal
- Restaurants in Annapurna Himal
- Shopping in Annapurna Himal
- Warnings and Dangers in Annapurna Himal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Annapurna Himal
- 87 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Annapurna Himal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annapurna Himal
Photos in Annapurna HimalSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 249 reviews, 272 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 89 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 73 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 87 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 78 reviews, 64 photos
- Beijing Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 7 travelogues
- Louisiana Intro, 13 reviews, 121 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 41 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 53 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues