"ubiq Sao Tome & Principe" São Tomé and Príncipe by ubiq
São Tomé and Príncipe Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 149 photos
If you ever happen to head to Sao Tome, be prepared to different holiday. Lonely Planet Central Africa describes Sao Tome as "paradise", but this definition should be taken more as a literal expression than what to expect when planning the trip. When God created paradises, he or she might got in hurry and had not so much time for Sao Tome.
A hint: I use VT travelogue feature for quick visual overall for destinations. So if you like to get quick highights (in my POV) for the destination I have described with 300x400 pxl images, please click the travelogue.
My basic aim is to describe in positive way the places in my VT pages. However, my Sao Tome section has got contradictory feedback and I understand why. ;-) Just give me more feedback, please, and I will edit my precarious utterancies.
I am more critic for Sao Tome than other destinations for one reason: when you have got there, there is only one practical way to come back straight to Europe - a flight once a week.
Basically you can fly or take a boat to countries of Central Africa, but that means another transportation questions to solve.
Positively thinking, Sao Tome is quite safe place to encounter mentality of Africa. We met some Norwegian workers of Red Cross vacating from Angola and they described Sao Tome as a paradise. So if you are planning to heavy trip to Africa, Sao Tome is good place to practise to drive jeep in a muddy jungle tracks or wait half day that someone would come to open office.
Summa summarum: Sao Tome is interesting and quite new independent island state, which is not so touristy yet. But get acquainted with orientation and details in advance more precisely than to many of the other places.
- Pros:Friendly people; not very touristy; difficult to get lost; nature.
- Cons:Cumbersome to come back; jeep or driver is quite necessary
- In a nutshell:Interesting and quite new independent island state.
Around Cascadas da Sao Nicolau there are plenty of cacao farms. My favourite was - apparently not running any more - the... more travel advice
The most decent beaches lie in the north, where the sun is partially showing herself. On the south is reported good... more travel advice
ubiq's Related Pages
São Tomé and Príncipe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "São Tomé and Príncipe"
- "ubiq Sao Tome & Principe"
- "kimmo_v's new Sao Tome&Principe Page"
- "lovely small islands"
- "Normb74's new Sao Tome&Principe Page"
- "Just the perfect place"
- "art-ur's new Sao Tome&Principe Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Hotels in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Transportation in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Restaurants in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Warnings and Dangers in São Tomé and Príncipe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Tomé and Príncipe
- 18 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to São Tomé and Príncipe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Tomé and Príncipe
Photos in São Tomé and PríncipeSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- São Tomé and Príncipe Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ivalo Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Positano Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- São Tomé Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Krabi Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Italy Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Finland Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 4 reviews