"ubiq Sao Tome & Principe" São Tomé and Príncipe by ubiq

São Tomé and Príncipe Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 136 photos

If you ever happen to head to Sao Tome, be prepared to different holiday. Lonely Planet Central Africa describes Sao Tome as "paradise", but this definition should be taken more as a literal expression than what to expect when planning the trip. When God created paradises, he or she might got in hurry and had not so much time for Sao Tome.

A hint: I use VT travelogue feature for quick visual overall for destinations. So if you like to get quick highights (in my POV) for the destination I have described with 300x400 pxl images, please click the travelogue.

<p>
My basic aim is to describe in positive way the places in my VT pages. However, my Sao Tome section has got contradictory feedback and I understand why. ;-) Just give me more feedback, please, and I will edit my precarious utterancies.
<p>
I am more critic for Sao Tome than other destinations for one reason: when you have got there, there is only one practical way to come back straight to Europe - a flight once a week.
<p>
Basically you can fly or take a boat to countries of Central Africa, but that means another transportation questions to solve.

Positively thinking, Sao Tome is quite safe place to encounter mentality of Africa. We met some Norwegian workers of Red Cross vacating from Angola and they described Sao Tome as a paradise. So if you are planning to heavy trip to Africa, Sao Tome is good place to practise to drive jeep in a muddy jungle tracks or wait half day that someone would come to open office.
<p>
Summa summarum: Sao Tome is interesting and quite new independent island state, which is not so touristy yet. But get acquainted with orientation and details in advance more precisely than to many of the other places.

• Pros:Friendly people; not very touristy; difficult to get lost; nature.
  • Cons:Cumbersome to come back; jeep or driver is quite necessary
  • In a nutshell:Interesting and quite new independent island state.
  • Last visit to São Tomé and Príncipe: Jul 2000
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2003

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 7:17 PM

Thanks for the nice page on São Tomé and Príncipe the people were really nice i have to say

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 4:00 PM

I am going to see a play by people from Sao Tome so I thought would stop by & learn more about their country. Very interesting & enjoyable, Love the photo of the boys on the beach. Nice page Kari (~_~)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2003 at 4:23 PM

A really enjoyable and informative page on this truly 'different' destination! Thanks for the tips and photos!

• Freebeacher's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2003 at 11:58 PM

Thank you for describing a part of the world most have never heard of, and doing it well. I would like to see it.

• diver-x's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 3:56 PM

I enjoyed reading your page very much! Excellent tips! Thanks! Happy Birthday!!!

• allouc's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 7:18 AM

Absolutely great page.

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 4:21 AM

really cool page. thanks for sharing!

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2003 at 10:25 AM

interesting page

• nada1712's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 12:49 PM

You are a real traveller! I enjoyed your page. Best wshes Nada

• mafootje's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2003 at 9:20 AM

This "Alternative" independence day sound nice to see.

ubiq

“Simulation is the next best thing to being there”

Badges & Stats in São Tomé and Príncipe

Have you been to São Tomé and Príncipe?

Friends