"Border Irregularities" Point Roberts by kyrzar
Point Roberts Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 12 photos
Being a geeky geography nut, I had to visit this little oddity on my trip to BC. Jason humored me.
This little peninsula sticks back down across the 49th parallel, so the tip is US territory even though you have to drive a decent stretch through Canada or take a boat to get to any other US territory.
This should keep all those vicious Canadian terrorists out.
This is the border at the top of the bluff above the beach. Notice how the Canadian side in Tsawassen is pretty thickly developped while the US side in Point Roberts is mostly woods.
- Pros:almost Canadian
- Cons:Back in George W land
- In a nutshell:Where else does gas come in US $ per liter?
kyrzar's Related Pages
Point Roberts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "tbaurley's new Point Roberts Page"
- "Border Irregularities"
- "Small USA enclave in Canada parallel 49"
- "Point Roberts"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Point Roberts
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Point Roberts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Point Roberts
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huntsville Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Corsica Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Portland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Great Sand Dunes National Monument Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Grayson Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Mount Hope Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Chiriquí Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sandlake Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Alabama Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.