"hiking and drinking beer in county galway." Top 5 Page for this destination County Galway by cachaseiro

County Galway Travel Guide: 1,148 reviews and 2,590 photos

i visited county galway in western ireland in august2003 with 2 freinds.
i spend most of my days out on the countryside hiking with an italian guy that we met on the road and most nights with all the guys down one of the fantastic irish pubs.

• Intro Written May 7, 2004

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2013 at 3:37 AM

The Sky Road looks great for hiking! I plan to visit Galway and Connemara in February. Not the best time of year for hiking, but anyway, I hope it won't be too rainy and foggy all days.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Claus, you are a great explorer, I must say!...

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Thanks for the great tips, we are going in Sept and will definately visit a lot of the countryside and less of the towns ;-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Haha, I agree with Irish pubs, they are indeed fantastic! And I agree too that "seeing the towns in ireland is a big crime". I am not a criminal and hardly visited any big town!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Thanks for the memories, we found Galway to be the nicest part of Ireland, a beautiful countryside and nice city.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Thanks for the nice comment on my Hartford page. Very good tips and photos about County Galway. I will be visiting Galway and elsewhere in Ireland in November. Cheers!

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Loved Co. Galway. . although it looks like we missed out on some good hikes! We drove through Clifden and skipped the sun road - have to do it next time!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Yes, the pubs are indeed great. I picked up a Guiness stumble while there.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 3:04 PM

Sounds like you were really at home in Galway and your pictures are great. Yeh, it's a great place for drinking alright but I'm glad you included the sober as well as the drunk in your blessing. :))

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2006 at 6:15 PM

What a great overview of County Galway. You captured the ambience of Ireland with your witty narrative and beautiful photos.

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Badges & Stats in County Galway

Have you been to County Galway?

Latest Activity in County Galway