"me and my bike in americas coffee capital" Seattle by cachaseiro

Seattle Travel Guide: 3,152 reviews and 7,660 photos

seattle must have the highest number of coffee shops in north america.
there is at least a couple in every street in this town.
no suprise it's the hometown of starbucks.

• Last visit to Seattle: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Dec 7, 2006

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM

There are some very racially diverse areas of Seattle, but it is in pockets scattered around, and they tend to not be in parts of town that are known to tourists. There are some exceptions to that (University District, for example, has students from all over the world due to the UW attracting people from all over the world). Glad you enjoyed your stay while you were passing through.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Nice tips and pictures of Seattle.

• kevanrijn's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 11:52 PM

I've taken Greyhound Buses a few times. It isn't just the poor who take them--lots of young people do too. Sometimes people take them because they are going to small towns that don't have airports. I have never had any trouble on a Greyhound bus.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Another gorgeous page of your great trip. I didn't know that Starbucks headquarter is in Seattle. :o)

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2007 at 5:03 PM

Hello Claus, still on the road ? I see that Sara made it into one of the important Seattle tips *cough* ... now waiting to go over to Aussieland to see Wonka & Deeps and then KL to catch up with Mizzzy and moi :D

• Jan 3, 2007 at 12:49 PM

i'm wearing that silly vest again now as i type. i practically live in it. happy new year claus!! i've dug myself out of my working hell hole and have emerged semi-unscathed.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2006 at 8:23 AM

Hi, Claus! I lived in Olympia, about 100 km south of Seattle. It's much higher up on my list of favorite places to live than DC. Greyhound is indeed safe, though you need to watch your pack in the bus stations. Great page! Cheers, Mark

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2006 at 10:02 AM

Hey Claus: love that Seattle Hottie!

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Badges & Stats in Seattle

Have you been to Seattle?