"Home of the worlds most beautiful horses." Top 5 Page for this destination Lipica by cachaseiro
Lipica Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 166 photos
I have a love a ffair with the horses of Lipica.
Before coming there i never had any particular interest in horses, but now i have been there around 15 times and i have gottel to love the Lippizaner horses a lot.
They are so beautiful, good natured and elegant that watching them is like watiching the best art.
The horses from Lipica dates back to 1580 where the emperor of Austria opened the farm to breed fine horses and they are a breed of big slovenian karst horses and the finest horses from around Europe and the arab world.
Lipica is today a big tourist center too aswell as a breeding center for one of the worlds finest horse races adn you have hotel, casino, golf court and many other things there, but it´s a stylish place that is not tacky in any way and i keep coming back time after time.
The lippizaner horses are named after the linden trees that are all over the horse stable area where they are bread.
It used to be so that they planted 3 linden trees each time a new horse was born and therefor the name.
The lippizaner horses are very elegant and very much used for dressage.
They are very popular as riding horses because of their quiet nature and they are also used very much for driving carriages.
They are generally easy to train and not aggressive so they are popular riding horses for grown kids of wealthy families.
Grown kids because they are quite large and wealthy families bacause a lippizaner costs between 6000 and 60000 euros.
At the Lipica horse stables you also have a church.there is no priest at the place, but if you want to get married at... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Lipica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Lipizzaners - UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Home of the worlds most beautiful horses."
- "Lipica - Home of the Famous Horses"
- "DOBRODOSLI TO MY LIPICA PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lipica
- Hotels in Lipica
- Transportation in Lipica
- Nightlife in Lipica
- Restaurants in Lipica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lipica
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (170)
Have you been to Lipica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lipica
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The power of Social Media - a..."
- Wrote a Review Tehre is a church at Lipica. in Lipica General
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tehre is a church at Lipica."
- created a Lipica Travel Page "Home of the worlds most beautiful horses."
- Commented on one of picek's Lipica travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 71 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues