"WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE BIKING VIKING" cachaseiro's Profile
At least once a year i do a long distance bicycle trip.
It's a great way to see the world and it keeps you fir and is great mental therapy for a busy mind.
This is a list of some of the bike trips i have done:
From Denmark to Georgia, via Albania to see two football games.
I have cycled the US west coast twice.
I have cycled from the US border to Zacatecas in central Mexico.
I have cycled from washington DC to Pittsburgh.
I have toured Spain and Portugal several times by bicycle.
I spend 4 and a half month cycling Thailand Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.
I cycled from Turkey to Israel via Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.
If you have any questions about long distance cycling then feel free to write me you think i can be of any help.
I'm more than happy to get in touch with fellow cyclists and help them out if i can.
Flying to Finland every winter to get drunk in a sauna and swim in an icy lake.
Walking from central london to stansted airport.
Ride my bicycle 6800 kilometers to see a footbal game.
Taking a 60 hour greyhound ride just for fun.
Hitch hiking 800 kilometers through Denmark and Germany to eat pancakes with people i met on the internet.
Travelling to seven countries in seven days with a bunch of friends i met on this webpage and having a vt party in each country.
I have done lot's of other crazy things and much more will follow.:O)
I get this question all the time so i better write a little about it here.
I am working as a freelancer in tourism, both as a tour leader and as a consultant and i do other travel related stuff aswell such as lectures, public stunts and so on.
Doing this around 150 days a year allows me to travel around the globe the rest of the time and i have decided not to have a home in Denmark anymore as that is just an extra cost i do not really get anything for as i am away all the time anyway.
This is a vagabonding lifestyle and many will probaply think that this must suck in the long run and that i must feel restless and lonely, but i totally love this lifestyle and having travelled for my entire adult life i have friends all over the world and i spend a lot of time going around the globe to see them.
At work i mostly stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and when i am not working i avoid these big hotels as they remind me of work and if i stay there then i will also have to work a lot more to sustain my vagabonding lifestyle.
I am very much the kinda person who prefers small guest houses to big hotels.
If you happen to have any questions about working in tourism or travelling permanently then you are most welcome to write me.
I might not be able to be much help, but if i can be of any then i will be very happy to help any person around the globe who shares the passion for travelling the world.
One of the reasons why i have been on vt for more than 10 years is that this, on top of being a gret site to find and share information, also has a very good travel community where people meet from all over the world after getting in touch here in the first place.
I have met over a thousand different people from around the world in real life after first getting in touch with them here on this site.
I really enjoy meeting fellow travellers from around the globe and you are always welcome to drop me a line if you feel like meeting up somewhere around the globe.
I am on the road pretty much all the year so you might wanna start with asking me where i am right now, but i will sure be happy to meet any friendly traveller from this site.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Quezon City Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,916 Reviews
- 4,266 Photos
- 58 Countries
- 177 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Were you a wild teenager?"
- Commented on DollyD17's profile page
- Wrote a Review Brilliant Khmer food and a nice owner. in Phnom Penh Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brilliant Khmer food and a nice owner."
- created a Phumi Phsa Takeu Travel Page "On the crossroads of eastern Cambodia."
- cachaseiro and Elizviet are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE BIKING VIKING"
- Uploaded a Video to Salvador da Bahia
Upcoming MeetingsSee All Meetings
PhotosSee All Photos (4266)
VideosSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 125 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (10)
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos