"Brazils pretty mountain state." Estado de Minas Gerais by cachaseiro
Estado de Minas Gerais Travel Guide: 401 reviews and 1,226 photos
Minas gerais is named after all the mines they have in the state as it is one of the places in the world with the most gold, silver and gem stones.
Because of that there was a lot of wealth aquired during the colonial years and today it´s one of the most interesting parts of Brazil seen from a historical point.
The state has many colonial towns with very well preserved buildings, but because it´s a state with no coastline it sees fairly few tourists so there is a chance to see a very pretty part of Brazil without being surrounded by tourists all the time.
There is a little train running between the twe towns Ouro Preto and Mariana. It´s an old train with wooden decor and it... more travel advice
Ouro preto is the most famous town in Minas and a gorgeous place. It´s an old mining town that is UNESCO world heritage... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Estado de Minas Gerais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "janaina's new Belo Horizonte Page"
- "A Fascinating Place"
- "Hard work to reach the Bandeira Peak"
- "Brazils pretty mountain state."
- "ESTADO de MINAS GERAIS"
- "Caraça Natural Park"
- "Diversity of a country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Hotels in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Transportation in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Nightlife in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Restaurants in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Shopping in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Minas Gerais
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Minas Gerais
- 18 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (167)
Have you been to Estado de Minas Gerais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Minas Gerais
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: MAY DAY TODAY"
- Wrote a Review The train ride from Ouro Preto to Mariana. in Estado de Minas Gerais Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The train ride from Ouro Preto to Mariana."
- created a Estado de Minas Gerais Travel Page "Brazils pretty mountain state."
- Commented on one of wclu's Estado de Minas Gerais travel pages
Photos in Estado de Minas GeraisSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 71 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues