"Vietnam." Vietnam by cachaseiro
Vietnam Travel Guide: 12,445 reviews and 30,960 photos
There are no country in South East Asia where you feel the urge to trade more than in Vietnam.
Kinda strange when you consider that the people who rule the country labels themselves as communists, but i am telling you that this is not one of those communist countries where everyone does nothing and stay equally poor.
To many Vietnam is a bit overwelming at first because of all the noise, the busy traffic and the enormous amount of people trying to get ahead financially in one way or the other, but take your time to explore Vietnam and you will find it to be a very facinating place.
The first thing that comes in to most peoples mind when they hear the name Vietnam is probaply the Vietnam war that took place in the 1960´s and 70´s and where America took a very famous beating.
You still find a lot of remains from the war there, especially at museums and the vietnamese are very proud that they were able to defeat America.
That does not make them particular anti american though and US visitors should not worry about visiting the country.
Remember that half the country actually fought on the american side and these days the vietnamese are simply too busy getting ahead financially to sit and dig old hatred.
Vietnam has attracted a lot of foreign investment over the past 2 decades and factories are popping up all around the country producing goods for the rest of the world.
It´s still largely an agrcultural country though and rice is still a major export.
When driving through Vietnam you will see endless rice fields and it´s one of the greenest countries i have seen anywhere on the planet.
In Vietnam you will often find that you get prices quoted in US dollars as a tourist and that leads some people to... more travel advice
Vietnam is a country that is very heavily farmed and it's still very much done by manual labour. This is of course first... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Vietnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
- "Tampa_Shawn Visits Vietnam"
- "Count your Dong in Vietnam"
- "A Mc Donalds and tampoons free country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vietnam
- Hotels in Vietnam
- Transportation in Vietnam
- Nightlife in Vietnam
- Restaurants in Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vietnam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vietnam
- 122 Reviews
- 262 Photos
- 318 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (119)
Have you been to Vietnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vietnam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 73 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 41 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 42 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 41 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (551)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (10)
Top Vietnam hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- 3093 Reviews - 6982 Photos
- Hanoi Hotels
- 2674 Reviews - 5717 Photos
- Nha Trang Hotels
- 442 Reviews - 997 Photos
- Vung Tau Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Da Nang Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Hoi An Hotels
- 798 Reviews - 1716 Photos
- Phan Thiet Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 408 Photos
- Sapa Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 661 Photos
- Da Lat Hotels
- 249 Reviews - 798 Photos
- Hue Hotels
- 616 Reviews - 1657 Photos
- Hon Mun Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Phu Quoc Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 246 Photos
- Can Tho Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 275 Photos
- Quy Nhon Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Ha Long Hotels
- 447 Reviews - 1522 Photos