"The most adventuros destination in Europe." Top 5 Page for this destination Albania by cachaseiro
Albania Travel Guide: 2,166 reviews and 5,874 photos
Albania is one of the most interesting countries i have been to.
It is just coming out of decades of total isolation from the rest of the world and it is still a virgin place when it comes to tourism.
This is not your typical holiday destination where you find all the services you have at home, but it is true adventure with some of the most rugged and beautiful nature in Europe.
The albanians are also among the best people i have met.
Very freindly and honest and you can walk the streets of the towns late at night without problems.
The albanians are pretty mellow, but very curious about getting to know you as a foreigner.
They are very tired of the bad picture the media has painted about Albania and they are very eager to change that image.
You wont be dissapointed.
Albania has gone through some hard times, especially during the time when Enver Hoxha was a dictator and isolated Albania totally from the rest of the world.
During my stay i met some very active young albanians though, who were working hard to rebuild the country.
The guys i stayed with had recently opened an adventure tarvel agency,a cafe and they were just getting ready to open a restaurant.
One of the guys was also working on what will be the first albanian cartoon, ever to be published.
A story of albanian myths and legends.
Cartoons were forbidden during the Hoxha years.
It was really interesting watch this process of people who bellive they can change things for the better and do more than just talking aout it.
I had come down to albania by bicycle to see Denmark play Albania in a world cup qualifying football match.
It showed out to be a big hit with the albanian media and i ended up being on 2 different talk shows during my stay there.
On one of the shows i got to meet the biggest albanian footballer of all times, Panajot Pano.
Very cool experience.
It was really a lot of fun being a mini celeb for a few days.
Especially in a place like Albania where the people are allready o freindly.
albanian roads vary a lot in quality. some of the main roads are very good, but most are quite rough and be prepared for... more travel advice
hotel skampa is a state owned hotel and quite typical for old communist hotels. it looks very grand from the outside,... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Albania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sleeping beauty is awake & has 7 leagues boots"
- "Bukur Albania!"
- "In The Land of the Eagles"
- "The most adventuros destination in Europe."
- "The lost country"
- "Europe's Last 'White Spot'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albania
- Hotels in Albania
- Transportation in Albania
- Nightlife in Albania
- Restaurants in Albania
- Shopping in Albania
- Warnings and Dangers in Albania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albania
- 28 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 104 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (166)
Have you been to Albania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 70 reviews, 122 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues