"Real fishing village with almost no tourists." Rabo de Peixe by cachaseiro
Rabo de Peixe Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Rabo de Paixe is the real deal if you want to see traditional fishing culture on Sao Miguel island.
This is the place where the majority of the town still makes a living from fishing and where tourism has not really made it's entry yet.
I am actually a little suprised that so few tourists find their way to Rabo de Peixe as it's actually a very pretty village with a nice vibe, but i guess that the towns reputation for being more poor and rough compared to the other villages on the island scares many tourists and tour operators away.
But i really think you should make your way there if you are on Sao Miguel as it is one of the nicest places on the island if you ask me.
You will see the fishermen drifting along the main street and the harbour if the weather is no good for fishing and the old retired fishermen willalways be sitting on benches around the village looking for todays gossip and to see what catch the boats are bringing in today.
Rabo de Peixe is a village with narrow winding streets with small houses. This is mainly cause the village is quite poor... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Rabo de Peixe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Real fishing village with almost no tourists."
- Create a Rabo de Peixe Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Rabo de Peixe
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Rabo de Peixe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rabo de Peixe
Photos in Rabo de PeixeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues