"The second biggest town of Sao Miguel island." Ribeira Grande by cachaseiro
Ribeira Grande Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 13 photos
Ribeira Grande is the second biggest town of Sao Miguel island and somehow a little in the shadow of it´s big neighbour, but it´s a very pleasant town with a real pretty town center and some interesting sights.
So even if you are staying in Ponta elgada then you should make sure to go up to Ribeira Grande at least for a day.
Ribeira Grande is located on the northern shores of Sao Miguel island and the name means big canyon due to the canyon that runs right through the center of town and gives it it´s spectacular town center.
- Pros:Stunning town center.
- Cons:Not so many places to stay overnight there.
- In a nutshell:Very scenic place that you should make sure to visit.
Restaurant Alabote is the best located restaurant in Ribeira Grande, right by the sea overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I... more travel advice
Ribeira Grande has a real nice theater where you do not just have theater plays but also art exhebitions, concerts and... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Ribeira Grande Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The second biggest town of Sao Miguel island."
- Create a Ribeira Grande Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ribeira Grande
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Ribeira Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ribeira Grande
Photos in Ribeira GrandeSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 125 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues