"Pretty little village in a vulcanic crater." Sete Cidades by cachaseiro
Sete Cidades Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Sete Cidades is set in a big vulcanic crater on the Sao Miguel Island on the Azores.
The village is a small farming community as the soil in the crater is very furtile and the farmers there are generally quite wealthy compared to other farmers on the island.
The crater is famous because of it's two lakes that has different colors.
One is green and one is blue.
The crater is very suitable for hiking trips and the village makes a perfect stop as it has things like public toilets, a nice little cafe and so on.
- Pros:Very idyllic.
- Cons:A little hard to get to with public transport.
- In a nutshell:One of the must sees on Sao Miguel Island.
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Sete Cidades Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sete Cidades
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Sete Cidades?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sete Cidades
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues