"Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it." Fåborg by cachaseiro
Fåborg Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 103 photos
Faaborg is an old town in the south of Denmark with around 7500 inhabitants.
Because of the old arcitecture and it's scenic location by the sea it's a very popular for artists to settle.
The low property prices sure does help too and Faaborg has the most artists per capita in Denmark these days.
Faaborg is surrounded by green countryside with lot's of agricultural land.
hire a bike and go out there and you'll get a good view of the town from the distance.
Faaborg dates back to the 11th century and is fist mentioned in a document in 1229 where the town is given as a wedding present to a portugese princess who married a danish prince.
These days, Faaborg is a little off the beaten track in south Denmark and has no big highways connecting it to the main cities, so it´s quite provincial, but it´s a real pretty place with lot´s of old historical buildings.
- Pros:very scenic
- Cons:very small if you live here
- In a nutshell:the best place for a stopover on the island of fyn
In Faaborg you will need to go to one of the main supermarkets if you need the postoffice. There used to be a postoffie... more travel advice
From 1929 to 1989 Faaborg had a prison right on the main square. In danish that old prison was called "faaborg... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Fåborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it."
- "Danish delight"
- "A quiet village off the beaten path in Fyn (Funen)"
- "Many beautiful strawberries"
- "Cosy town by the sea"
- "Jumping in Faborg!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fåborg
- Hotels in Fåborg
- Transportation in Fåborg
- Nightlife in Fåborg
- Restaurants in Fåborg
- Shopping in Fåborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fåborg
- 32 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Fåborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fåborg
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Search and rescue effort..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The clock tower."
- Wrote a Review The postoffice is inside one of the supermarkets. in Fåborg Favorites
- Commented on one of Jumping's Fåborg travel pages
- updated a Fåborg Travel Page "Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it."
Photos in FåborgSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 125 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues