"Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it." Fåborg by cachaseiro
Fåborg Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 104 photos
Faaborg is an old town in the south of Denmark with around 7500 inhabitants.
Because of the old arcitecture and it's scenic location by the sea it's a very popular for artists to settle.
The low property prices sure does help too and Faaborg has the most artists per capita in Denmark these days.
Faaborg is surrounded by green countryside with lot's of agricultural land.
hire a bike and go out there and you'll get a good view of the town from the distance.
Faaborg dates back to the 11th century and is fist mentioned in a document in 1229 where the town is given as a wedding present to a portugese princess who married a danish prince.
These days, Faaborg is a little off the beaten track in south Denmark and has no big highways connecting it to the main cities, so it´s quite provincial, but it´s a real pretty place with lot´s of old historical buildings.
- Pros:very scenic
- Cons:very small if you live here
- In a nutshell:the best place for a stopover on the island of fyn
Dang ved Brønden, is an excellent thai restaurant which is located right on the main square in Faaborg. It serves... more travel advice
Soze kaffebar is by far the best coffee shop in Faaborg and serves high quality coffee aswell as high quality tea. The... more travel advice
- See All Sundet.
- See All Bicycles and fishing.
- See All Go hiking on Øhavsstien.
- The local pub.
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Fåborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it."
- "Danish delight"
- "A quiet village off the beaten path in Fyn (Funen)"
- "Many beautiful strawberries"
- "Cosy town by the sea"
- "Jumping in Faborg!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fåborg
- Hotels in Fåborg
- Transportation in Fåborg
- Nightlife in Fåborg
- Restaurants in Fåborg
- Shopping in Fåborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fåborg
- 33 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (168)
Have you been to Fåborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fåborg
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2016 has started ..."
- Commented on one of cachaseiro's Fåborg tips
- Wrote a Review One of the best thai restaurants in Denmark. in Fåborg Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the best thai restaurants in Denmark."
- updated a Fåborg Travel Page "Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it."
Photos in FåborgSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 71 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues