"Nice old seaside town with an arty feel to it." Fåborg by cachaseiro

Fåborg Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 103 photos

Faaborg is an old town in the south of Denmark with around 7500 inhabitants.
Because of the old arcitecture and it's scenic location by the sea it's a very popular for artists to settle.
The low property prices sure does help too and Faaborg has the most artists per capita in Denmark these days.

Faaborg seen from the nearby coutryside.

Faaborg is surrounded by green countryside with lot's of agricultural land.
hire a bike and go out there and you'll get a good view of the town from the distance.

11th century town.

Faaborg dates back to the 11th century and is fist mentioned in a document in 1229 where the town is given as a wedding present to a portugese princess who married a danish prince.

These days, Faaborg is a little off the beaten track in south Denmark and has no big highways connecting it to the main cities, so it´s quite provincial, but it´s a real pretty place with lot´s of old historical buildings.

• Pros:very scenic
  • Cons:very small if you live here
  • In a nutshell:the best place for a stopover on the island of fyn
  • Last visit to Fåborg: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 26, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Ymerbrønden does look a bit odd, and Audhumbla is a strange name for a cow, but I suppose in Nordic mythology anything is possible.
    It sounds like you know this town quite well, Claus. Have you lived here?

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
      Oct 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I grew up in a small village 10 kilometers from there.
      I am actually there right now visiting my father.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Sounds nice here. I can imagine myself by the Harbour enjoying the sights and the free wi-fi! Love the unusual looking Church! Nice page!

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Tror faktisk aldrig at jeg har været i Fåborg. Det ser hyggeligt ud.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Hello, Claus! It would be great tp visit this nice place! ><><><><><

• BeaTest's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hallo Claus, I love Dänemark! ;o)

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM

haha...wonderful jumping claus! I love it!!!!! Is this your niece already - MARIA, I remember? she is much bigger now! The baby in your brother's arms before?

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Claus, fabulous page here. If I remember correctly than I came through Fåborg and Søby on a sailing trip when I was about 13 years old. I still must have a sticker of Søby somewhere.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Looks like a place full of character. Nice job and thanks for sharing ;-)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM

The town features of clock tower and harbour look wonderful. Great job. Maybe I get up your way someday. You may like to see my last US trip to Utah & Arizona parks and remote areas in Kanab I Natural Bridges

• Aitana's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 4:45 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Galicia page. I went once to Copenhagen but it was a very short visit and I'd like to go again. Meanwhile I'll visit your pages! Nice town to grow up.

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Badges & Stats in Fåborg