"COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP" Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen by cachaseiro

Copenhagen Travel Guide: 3,912 reviews and 9,749 photos

I would love to visit Copenhagen but it's so expensive.
I hear that all the time from people i meet around the world.
Because of that i have decided to try and show how to experience Copenhagen without hurting your budget too bad.

On top of that i am also adding some other tips that not not particulary budget but should be useful for non budget tarvellers.

More foreigners in Copenhagen please.

One of the reasons why Copenhagen is so cool is that it over the past few years have become quite multicultural.
Please come and add your non danish face to the Copenhagen streetscene and you will help making the place even more cool.

The free state in copenhagen.

Christiania is a little hippie community in the very center of Copenhagen.
It used to have a big hash market, but it's not there anymore.

The place is very cool and full of alternative lifestyles and you have space for everyone there.
Both guys in suits and mentally ill alcoholics.

• Pros:The free drinks i'll buy you if i am in town.
  • Cons:Some provinsial attitudes from time to time.
  • In a nutshell:You will most likely enjoy a visit to Copenhagen.
  • Last visit to Copenhagen: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Had to take a look at your Copenhagen page before my visit next month, Claus. As my visit coincides with Euro 2016 I will definitely be watching England vs Wales in one of those pubs! :)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Claus, Hey, you got your 50.00 views! PJ

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Good informative page and good photos. Good recommendation! Thank you!

• hando4949's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Here is one more hit on Copenhagan, hope you hit your mark

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Very nice pages of Kopenhagen. And I see you found a good time to take a photo of the mermaid, which was not always possible in the past.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Hey, what a great guide to your home :-) Love Hotel Jørgensen already and of course your famous Cafe Globen :-) And would like Christiana too. Love the pastel coloured bikes, haha I could have a pink bike now that I didn't buy a pink car....And I like the idea to have a hot dog while waiting for my luggage. Why won't other airports not follow that idea?

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Claus,great Polsevogn tip. Yes, I have done the most Danish of all Danish things. *winkygrin*

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM

tried to book your hotel recomendation but it is full that weekend ... unless they did not wanted us there ;-) lol founded two offers for the following ones, which one you like? (Copenhagen Strand &
    Gentofte Hotel)

• jay_krejic's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I was in Nørrebro in april, and I really like this area too. :)))

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM

You met all those diverse people on VT? I just remember meeting a bunch of beer drinkers from Denmark. Maybe that is all I remembers? See you in Mace. Karl

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Badges & Stats in Copenhagen

Have you been to Copenhagen?