"A must for Aleijadinho fans." Congonhas by cachaseiro
Congonhas Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 28 photos
Congonhas is a fairly regular looking brazilian town in the state of Minas Gerais but it has what is considerd to be the masterpiece of the brazilian artist Aleijadinho.
It´s a bit of a detour but i think it´s well worth it if you have any interest in the crippled brazilian baroque artist who was a master of his time.
Aleijadinho sufferd from leprosy but was even then considerd the greatest sculptor of his time.
He lived in the 18th and 19th century and was the son of a portugese carpenter and a black slave.
The 12 apostles at Congonhas is considerd his masterpiece and is UNESCO world heritage.
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Congonhas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Aleijadinho"
- "A must for Aleijadinho fans."
- "THE "BOM JESUS DE MATOSINHOS" BASILICA"
- "The stage of he who heals the stone with his hands"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Congonhas
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Congonhas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Congonhas
- Posted in Travel Mexico City Forum "Re: Van Puerto Escandido to Oaxaca"
- Uploaded a Photo to "And there was a guy repairing his car in Congonhas"
- created a Congonhas Travelogue "And there was a guy repairing his car in Congonhas"
- Wrote a Review Bom jesus do Matosinhos. in Congonhas Things to Do
- Commented on one of solopes's Congonhas travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 125 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues