"Colonial masterpiece 4 hours drive from Rio." Parati by cachaseiro
Parati Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 894 photos
Paraty is one of my favorite places in Brazil.
Calm, peaceful, pretty and with a very good vibe.
It´s a small colonial town that used to be the big shipping port for the gold trade, but these days it´s a little tourist heaven where people from Eio de janeiro and Sao Paolo come to relax as Paraty is quite close to both cities.
Paraty does not really have much of a beach in town, but you do have dozens of boats running out to the nearby islands and bays every day where you have excellent beaches, so you don´t need to miss out on swimming there either.
Pousada Daya is a little pousada that is located in a small street not too far from the bus station. You need to enter a... more travel advice
Escritório da Cachaça is a very well equipped alcohol store that mostly sells Cachaça which is the localy produced sugar... more travel advice
Written Nov 7, 2009
Images of Paraty.
Written Aug 9, 2010
More photos from Paraty.
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Parati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraty - An Oasis of History and Charm"
- "CHARMING PARATI"
- "Parati - Great Colonial Relic"
- "Parati - not just a sleepy seaside town"
- "AH,MY BEAUTIFUL PARATY!"
- "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parati
- Hotels in Parati
- Transportation in Parati
- Nightlife in Parati
- Restaurants in Parati
- Shopping in Parati
- Warnings and Dangers in Parati
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gusa Hotels
- Región Metropolitana de Santiago
- Batu Tiga Hotels
- Rosseau Lake Hotels
- Karasjok / Karasjohka
- Bet She'an Hotels
- Kruger National Park
- Israel Hotels
- Tel Mond
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- Trinity Beach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Parati
- 11 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Parati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parati
- Posted in Travel Santorini Island Forum "Re: Greek Islands in September"
- Uploaded a Photo to "More photos from Paraty."
- created a Parati Travelogue "More photos from Paraty."
- Wrote a Review Nice little pousada. in Parati Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Parati
- Commented on one of mircaskirca's Parati travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 73 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 41 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 42 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 41 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (550)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (10)
Latest Parati hotel reviews
- Pousada Guarana Hotel
- 245 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Pousada Do Sandi
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Pousada Porto Imperial Parati
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Pousada Bambu Bamboo
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Othon Pousada Villa Del Sol Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2012