"Colonial masterpiece 4 hours drive from Rio." Parati by cachaseiro
Parati Travel Guide: 272 reviews and 881 photos
Paraty is one of my favorite places in Brazil.
Calm, peaceful, pretty and with a very good vibe.
It´s a small colonial town that used to be the big shipping port for the gold trade, but these days it´s a little tourist heaven where people from Eio de janeiro and Sao Paolo come to relax as Paraty is quite close to both cities.
Paraty does not really have much of a beach in town, but you do have dozens of boats running out to the nearby islands and bays every day where you have excellent beaches, so you don´t need to miss out on swimming there either.
Pousada Daya is a little pousada that is located in a small street not too far from the bus station. You need to enter a... more travel advice
Escritório da Cachaça is a very well equipped alcohol store that mostly sells Cachaça which is the localy produced sugar... more travel advice
Written Nov 7, 2009
Images of Paraty.
Written Aug 9, 2010
More photos from Paraty.
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Parati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraty - An Oasis of History and Charm"
- "CHARMING PARATI"
- "Parati - Great Colonial Relic"
- "Parati - not just a sleepy seaside town"
- "AH,MY BEAUTIFUL PARATY!"
- "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parati
- Hotels in Parati
- Transportation in Parati
- Nightlife in Parati
- Restaurants in Parati
- Shopping in Parati
- Warnings and Dangers in Parati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parati
- 11 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (167)
Have you been to Parati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parati
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 71 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues