"Hue." Hue by cachaseiro
Hue Travel Guide: 629 reviews and 1,736 photos
Hue is the former imperial city of Vietnam where the Nguyen dynasty ruled from 1801 to 1945 when the last king abdicated voluntarily.
You still have many remains from the royal period and the city is very interesting if you are interested in history.
Itīs also a big student city which gives Hue a very young feel to it and i quite like the city even if itīs the rainiest city in Vietnam.
In 1963 a munk from Hue drove to Saigon and set himself to fire as a protest against the american backed catholic president of South Vietnam who was repressing buddhists very brutally.
Today they have his car on display in a local pagoda and itīs pretty interesting to go and see that old Austin that ended up playing such a big role in world history.
The Thien Mu pagoda is from 1601 and one of the nicest pagodas in Hue. It's a few kilometers out of town and apart from... more travel advice
The citadel is where the last royal dynasty of Vietnam recided. they ruled Vietnam from 1802 to 1945 and had a grand... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Hue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HUE & SURROUNDS ARE INTERESTING!"
- "the capital of the Nguyễn Lords"
- "The Vietnamese Imperial City"
- "Ancient Capital"
- "IMPERIAL HUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hue
- Hotels in Hue
- Transportation in Hue
- Nightlife in Hue
- Restaurants in Hue
- Shopping in Hue
- Warnings and Dangers in Hue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hue
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (185)
Have you been to Hue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hue
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 71 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 41 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues