Ho Chi Minh City Nightlife Tips by cachaseiro
Ho Chi Minh City Nightlife: 139 reviews and 160 photos
Universal bar in Saigon.
Universal bar is a relatively new bar in Saigon that has become one of my favorite hangouts.
The main reason why i like it is that they have really good live music there on most nights.
The musicians are a wide range of people from around the world but they usually put on a good evening there and i really like the place.
It's not a big posh place, but a nice little hole in the wall bar with a lively scene.
Address: 90 Bui Vien.
Directions: In the backpacker district near Le Loi street.
Sax´n Art in Saigon.
Sax´n art is owned by saxophonist Tran Manh Tuan, who is one of the best known jazz musicians in Vietnam and you have live music there every night, most with saxophonist Tran Manh Tuan playing himself with various guest musicians from both Vietnam and around the world.
The place has a really good vibe and this is a place for people who really care about the music and wants to meet other people who like jazz.
There is no entrance fee to the place, but the drinks are not cheap by Saigon standards, but for a westerner this should still be ok.
There are plenty of young vietnemse there though as you have a growing number of young vietnamese who are succesful in business and for the ones who belong to the intellectual enviroment too, this is surely a bit of a hangout from what i have noticed.
I really like the place and always try to pass by there every time i am in Saigon.
Dress Code: Even if it´s one of the more expensive places to drink in Saigon, the dresscode is very relaxed.
Address: 28 Le Loi street.
Phone: (84.8) 8228472
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (10)
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saigon Saigon !"
- "IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
- "Former Saigon"
- "Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"
- "Lost in Saigon!?"
- "Ho Chin Minh City, the new Saigon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ho Chi Minh City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Spanish Lookout Hotels
- San Candido
- Zanzibar Island
- Laanemaa Hotels
- Bou Ficha Hotels
- Zaragoza Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 40 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (119)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: VT Euromeet 2013 in Sibiu..."
- Commented on one of heydelin's Ho Chi Minh City tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good hotel in a perfect location."
- Wrote a Review The Saigon post office. about Post Office in Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Ho Chi Minh City
- updated a Ho Chi Minh City Travel Page "The bustling metropol of Vietnam."
Photos in Ho Chi Minh CitySee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 73 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 41 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 42 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 41 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (551)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (10)
Latest Ho Chi Minh City hotel reviews
- Somerset Chancellor Court
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- An An Hotel
- 217 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- The Landmark
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 26, 2012
- Que Huong Liberty 4 Hotel
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Dong Do Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Phu Tho Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Saigon Mini Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Xuan Mai Hotel
- 211 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Spring Hotel
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Tan Hoang Ngoc Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2010
- An An 2 Hotel
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Hong Thien Loc Hotel
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 20, 2013
- International Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Linh Linh Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 15, 2011
- Ho Sen Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Ben Thanh Market- 68 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Out of Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels- 102 Reviews, 221 Photos
- War Remnants Museum- 101 Reviews, 209 Photos
- Mekong Delta- 67 Reviews, 156 Photos
- Reunification Palace- 78 Reviews, 184 Photos
- Notre Dame Cathedral- 74 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Chinatown- 33 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Post Office- 63 Reviews, 138 Photos
- City Hall- 38 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Massages- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do