"Cultural gem in southern Sri Lanka." Galle by cachaseiro
Galle Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 294 photos
Galle is one of my favorite places in this world.
It's an old walled town where you see lot's of influences from various european countries who either occupied the place or had trading stations there.
The town is devided in to two parts:
The old part of town inside the fort and the the new one outside.
It's the old part inside the fort that is the big attraction, but the new part is a nice bustling place aswell.
- Pros:A real cultural gem.
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it if you visit Sri Lanka.
The old gate is one of the entrances to the old part of Galle. It's also part of the building that houses the maritime... more travel advice
Galle is home to a fairly large muslim community and you have a big mosque in the old part of town next to the... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Galle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "World Heritage Wonderland."
- "Colonial Galle"
- "It aint half hot mum!"
- "Galle Fort - A World Heritage Site"
- "Galle & the beautiful coast"
- "Cultural gem in southern Sri Lanka."
- "GALLE - not much change since colonial times !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galle
- Hotels in Galle
- Transportation in Galle
- Nightlife in Galle
- Restaurants in Galle
- Shopping in Galle
- Warnings and Dangers in Galle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galle
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Galle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galle
Photos in GalleSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues