"The world famous ancient rice terraces." Top 5 Page for this destination Banaue by cachaseiro

Banaue Travel Guide: 229 reviews and 643 photos

And a cosy little town.

Banaue is the center of the world famous rice terraces that were build around 2000 years ago and is considerd world heritage by UNESCO.

• Intro Written Dec 21, 2008

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Those rice terraces look very interesting. One should be a chook when hiking then there is no change of falling over ;-)

• asiantraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2012 at 4:17 AM

hi! nice page ...i like the picture of the rice terraces and the hanging bridge

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Great tips Claus, this place looks amazing (that bridge looks a bit dodgy tho :-) sounds like you had a great time!

• buenababe's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM

wow, so u'v been to Banaue?! that's soo cool claus. ;) we will go there on september then head to Sagada... u didnt reach Sagada?

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Nice landscapes, Claus! Is there any volcano to climb around? I prefer Banaue Hotel me too :-)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Really impressive rice terraces! Your transportation tips are very useful and I would certainly enjoy the scenic journey from Sagada to Banaue :)

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Your Banaue site is great!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Nice page and info. Have seen the Rice terraces on our travel shows, it would certainly be nice to be able to visit, they look very pretty.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I am so ashamed I haven't even been to the rice terraces..but I am familiar with slippery trails in Philippines (muddy)...but if I go, I will stay at the Banaue Hotel - looks nice...Thanks! Norman :)

• OH_DK's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Tak for kommentar og raitings Claus - var du også i Sagada? Det var min favoritby i Mountain Province! og hyggeligt at være der med 5 filippinere.

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Badges & Stats in Banaue