"Beach paradise with hardly any tourists." Cuyo Island by cachaseiro
Cuyo Island Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
I stopped at Cuto Island for half a day while i took the ferry between Iloilo and Purto Princesa and was pleasantly suprised to find this little paradise island with fantastich beaches, a cute little village with quite a lot of historical points and i was really suprised that the place hardly has any tourism at all.
In fact i did not see a single other western person during the half day i walked around Cuyo before getting back on the ferry.
This is for sure one place i will return to one day for further exploration.
- Pros:Completely free of mass tourism.
- Cons:Takes a long timeto get there.
- In a nutshell:This is the place to go if you want the beach to tourself.
In Cuyo town you have a little memorial over the people from the island that dies in the second world war where Cuyo... more travel advice
You might be suprised to see that tiny little Cuyo Island has one of the biggest and best preserved forts in the entire... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Cuyo Island Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cuyo Island
- Transportation in Cuyo Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cuyo Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuyo Island
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (168)
Have you been to Cuyo Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuyo Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues