"Home of the Ati-Atihan Festival." Top 5 Page for this destination Kalibo by cachaseiro
Kalibo Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 213 photos
Kalibo is a town that is a quiet provinsial town most of the year, but every year in january it hosts one of the biggest festivals in the Philippines called the Ati-Atihan and thousands of people flock to the town for a few days to take part in the festivities.
The rest of the year it also serves as an important hub for the airline ZEEST Air who have flights from Kalibo to many destinations, both in the Philippines and abroad.
I was at the Ati-Atihan festival in 2012 with a bunch of members from virtualtourist and we had a really nice time in the streets of Kalibo, taking part in all the festivities.
While we were there we also met a lot of tourism students from the town Iloilo.
Really nice young people that i look forward to working with one day in the world of tourism.
- Pros:Ati-atihan is really amazing.
- Cons:Accomodation can be hard to come by during the festival.
You should try to make your way to the Ati-Atihan festival one day. This is one of those things to do before you die... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Kalibo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Kalibo!"
- "Home of the Ati-Atihan Festival."
- "Literally a flying visit."
- "Kalibo, Province of Aklan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalibo
- Hotels in Kalibo
- Transportation in Kalibo
- Nightlife in Kalibo
- Restaurants in Kalibo
- Shopping in Kalibo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalibo
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (144)
Have you been to Kalibo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalibo
Photos in KaliboSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 49 reviews, 90 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues