George Town Favorite Tips by cachaseiro Top 5 Page for this destination
George Town Favorites: 25 reviews and 27 photos
Penang is food paradise.
Favorite thing: Penang is a foodlovers paradise.
I am normally not really a food traveller, but in Penang i just love the food scene.
Because of the ethnic variety on the island with many malay, indian and chinese, plus other minorities, you have really good choices of different kitchens and the prices are incredibly low when you consider how good the quality is.
You can stuff yourself with amazing food for less than 5 dollars and a light luch should only cost you a couple of dollars and we are not talking crappy deep fried fastfood drom burger chains here, but really tasty and healthy food cooked right in front of you.
The tourist information in George Town.
Favorite thing: George town has a very decent little tourist information down by the harbour next to the old clock tower.
When i was there i was mostly there to pick up one of the free maps of town, but i noticed that they had brochures for tourists with special interests like food, art, etc and these brochures were of a pretty nice quality, so i suggest that you make your way past there if you have any of these interests.
They also gave me a calender of cultural events happening in Penang during my stay and the girl at the counter was very helpful in general.
More Reviews (10)
cachaseiro's Related Pages
George Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New UNESCO WHS : George Town (Tanjung)"
- "Georgetown - Penang"
- "My little home in Malaysia."
- "George Town, Penang"
- "Home Sweet Home - George Town, Penang"
- "The World Heritage Penang capital, Georgetown."
- "George town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in George Town
- Hotels in George Town
- Transportation in George Town
- Nightlife in George Town
- Restaurants in George Town
- Shopping in George Town
- Warnings and Dangers in George Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George Town
- 12 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to George Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George Town
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Sad News :("
- Uploaded a Photo to "Probaply the best place in Asia for food."
- updated a George Town Travel Page "My little home in Malaysia."
- Wrote a Review Driving across Penang bridge. in George Town Transportation
- Commented on one of SLLiew's George Town travel pages
Photos in George TownSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues