"A friendly little town." Beaufort by cachaseiro

Beaufort Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 22 photos

Beaufort, Borneo.

Beaufort is located on the road between Brunei and Kota Kinabalu and i stopped there for the night purely by chance, cause i liked the area and thought i would make another little provinsial stop before reaching Kota Kinabalu.

This is not the kinda town that get a lot of visitors and i had many people waving at me in the street and they were clearly not used to tourists with blond hair and blue eyes wandering through town.

It´s not a town with huge sights, but a good place to stop if you want to soak up what life on Borneo is for the ordinary citizens away from the tourist trail.
I personally like stopping in these places and see life pass by while the locals can check out what these western tourists look like at the same time.

And the local football team was playing when i was

I love to go and see a local football game whenever i am on the road and the Beaufort football team just happend to be playing as i walked in to town and i stopped by to see them play and had a little chat with the locals about football.
Always nice to meet fellow football fans from around the globe and talk about our common passion.

• Intro Written Dec 9, 2010

• cal6060's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I am from a town, Papar, about 1 hours drive to Beaufort. My sisters live in Beaufort. I took a new modern train from Papar to Beaufort last month. It has great views and passing by the beach along the coast.

• SangAji's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Claus, the no pork thing is more a hygiene issue due to the pigs' lifestyle. and the railway repairs has been going on forever, time is elastic and demand for rail services almost non-existent now.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM

This looks like it was a pleasant place for a stopover over on your world tour. Good that they are reconstructing the railroad line.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2010 at 10:20 AM

What an exotic place and a white spot on my travel map! Thank you Claus for sharing!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Great page on normal daily life :)

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I so agree, it is not too nice to take photos of people praying. I experience it here in Iceland when I go into churches to pray.

• picek's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Good to see new page on Beaufort - we stayed there couple of nights, liked it, but most time spent playing pool with men... in those old, wooden houses in centre :) Glad to hear you enjoy the place.

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Badges & Stats in Beaufort

Have you been to Beaufort?