"A friendly little town." Beaufort by cachaseiro
Beaufort Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 22 photos
Beaufort is located on the road between Brunei and Kota Kinabalu and i stopped there for the night purely by chance, cause i liked the area and thought i would make another little provinsial stop before reaching Kota Kinabalu.
This is not the kinda town that get a lot of visitors and i had many people waving at me in the street and they were clearly not used to tourists with blond hair and blue eyes wandering through town.
It´s not a town with huge sights, but a good place to stop if you want to soak up what life on Borneo is for the ordinary citizens away from the tourist trail.
I personally like stopping in these places and see life pass by while the locals can check out what these western tourists look like at the same time.
I love to go and see a local football game whenever i am on the road and the Beaufort football team just happend to be playing as i walked in to town and i stopped by to see them play and had a little chat with the locals about football.
Always nice to meet fellow football fans from around the globe and talk about our common passion.
One thing i noted that is found quite odd, but also quite funny was how that most restaurants would not serve pork meat,... more travel advice
Beaufort is well connected with bus to the neighbouring towns as it is located on the highway between Brunei and Kota... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Beaufort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A friendly little town."
- "A short stop"
- "Beaufort Township & Train Station"
- "Departure point for the Padas River Rafting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beaufort
- Hotels in Beaufort
- Transportation in Beaufort
- Restaurants in Beaufort
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beaufort
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Beaufort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaufort
Photos in BeaufortSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 125 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues