"River island in southern Laos." Top 5 Page for this destination Don Khong by cachaseiro
Don Khong Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 95 photos
Don khong is the largest river island in Laos and is located in the Mekong river just before the border to Cambodia.
It´s a nice place to hang out for a few days and chill out.
The pace of life is very slow there and it´s the perfect place to slow down speed for a while.
There are quite a few people living on the island so it´s not like you are on some resort island, but you are among local laotians who make a living mainly from fishing in the river and agriculture.
And in recent years they have started getting a nice income from tourism too.
Fried frogs is a local speciality that you see quite a bit around Don Khong. I guess they have taken a liking to them... more travel advice
cachaseiro's Related Pages
Don Khong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The largest of the Si Phan Don (4000 Islands)"
- "Don Det - It's near Don Khong!"
- "River island in southern Laos."
- "Don Khong - Shhhh...."
- "Rice and fish"
- "Look for an Island in Siphandon and lose yourself"
- "Don Khon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Don Khong
- Hotels in Don Khong
- Transportation in Don Khong
- Nightlife in Don Khong
- Restaurants in Don Khong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Don Khong
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Don Khong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Don Khong
Photos in Don KhongSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 74 reviews, 125 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 103 photos
- Portugal Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 43 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambodia Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues