"WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE BIKING VIKING" cachaseiro's Profile

Cycling, walking and working around the globe.
I love long distance cycling.

At least once a year i do a long distance bicycle trip.
It's a great way to see the world and it keeps you fir and is great mental therapy for a busy mind.

This is a list of some of the bike trips i have done:

From Denmark to Georgia, via Albania to see two football games.

I have cycled the US west coast twice.

I have cycled from the US border to Zacatecas in central Mexico.

I have cycled from washington DC to Pittsburgh.

I have toured Spain and Portugal several times by bicycle.

I spend 4 and a half month cycling Thailand Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

I cycled from Turkey to Israel via Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.

If you have any questions about long distance cycling then feel free to write me you think i can be of any help.
I'm more than happy to get in touch with fellow cyclists and help them out if i can.

And i like doing insane stuff just for fun.

Like:

Flying to Finland every winter to get drunk in a sauna and swim in an icy lake.

Walking from central london to stansted airport.

Ride my bicycle 6800 kilometers to see a footbal game.

Taking a 60 hour greyhound ride just for fun.

Hitch hiking 800 kilometers through Denmark and Germany to eat pancakes with people i met on the internet.

Travelling to seven countries in seven days with a bunch of friends i met on this webpage and having a vt party in each country.

I have done lot's of other crazy things and much more will follow.:O)

How do i afford to travel so much.

I get this question all the time so i better write a little about it here.
I am working as a freelancer in tourism, both as a tour leader and as a consultant and i do other travel related stuff aswell such as lectures, public stunts and so on.

Doing this around 150 days a year allows me to travel around the globe the rest of the time and i have decided not to have a home in Denmark anymore as that is just an extra cost i do not really get anything for as i am away all the time anyway.

This is a vagabonding lifestyle and many will probaply think that this must suck in the long run and that i must feel restless and lonely, but i totally love this lifestyle and having travelled for my entire adult life i have friends all over the world and i spend a lot of time going around the globe to see them.

At work i mostly stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and when i am not working i avoid these big hotels as they remind me of work and if i stay there then i will also have to work a lot more to sustain my vagabonding lifestyle.
I am very much the kinda person who prefers small guest houses to big hotels.

If you happen to have any questions about working in tourism or travelling permanently then you are most welcome to write me.
I might not be able to be much help, but if i can be of any then i will be very happy to help any person around the globe who shares the passion for travelling the world.

I love meeting people from this website.

One of the reasons why i have been on vt for more than 10 years is that this, on top of being a gret site to find and share information, also has a very good travel community where people meet from all over the world after getting in touch here in the first place.
I have met over a thousand different people from around the world in real life after first getting in touch with them here on this site.
I really enjoy meeting fellow travellers from around the globe and you are always welcome to drop me a line if you feel like meeting up somewhere around the globe.
I am on the road pretty much all the year so you might wanna start with asking me where i am right now, but i will sure be happy to meet any friendly traveller from this site.

Here is another photo with some of our fantastic members from the Philippines where we really have an active and bustling vt community with new members constantly coming in and making it vibrant.

• Intro Updated Apr 21, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
cachaseiro's Profile Photo

cachaseiro

“my life is a road movie”

Real Name