"WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE BIKING VIKING" cachaseiro's Profile
At least once a year i do a long distance bicycle trip.
It's a great way to see the world and it keeps you fir and is great mental therapy for a busy mind.
This is a list of some of the bike trips i have done:
From Denmark to Georgia, via Albania to see two football games.
I have cycled the US west coast twice.
I have cycled from the US border to Zacatecas in central Mexico.
I have cycled from washington DC to Pittsburgh.
I have toured Spain and Portugal several times by bicycle.
I spend 4 and a half month cycling Thailand Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.
I cycled from Turkey to Israel via Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.
If you have any questions about long distance cycling then feel free to write me you think i can be of any help.
I'm more than happy to get in touch with fellow cyclists and help them out if i can.
Flying to Finland every winter to get drunk in a sauna and swim in an icy lake.
Walking from central london to stansted airport.
Ride my bicycle 6800 kilometers to see a footbal game.
Taking a 60 hour greyhound ride just for fun.
Hitch hiking 800 kilometers through Denmark and Germany to eat pancakes with people i met on the internet.
Travelling to seven countries in seven days with a bunch of friends i met on this webpage and having a vt party in each country.
I have done lot's of other crazy things and much more will follow.:O)
I get this question all the time so i better write a little about it here.
I am working as a freelancer in tourism, both as a tour leader and as a consultant and i do other travel related stuff aswell such as lectures, public stunts and so on.
Doing this around 150 days a year allows me to travel around the globe the rest of the time and i have decided not to have a home in Denmark anymore as that is just an extra cost i do not really get anything for as i am away all the time anyway.
This is a vagabonding lifestyle and many will probaply think that this must suck in the long run and that i must feel restless and lonely, but i totally love this lifestyle and having travelled for my entire adult life i have friends all over the world and i spend a lot of time going around the globe to see them.
At work i mostly stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and when i am not working i avoid these big hotels as they remind me of work and if i stay there then i will also have to work a lot more to sustain my vagabonding lifestyle.
I am very much the kinda person who prefers small guest houses to big hotels.
If you happen to have any questions about working in tourism or travelling permanently then you are most welcome to write me.
I might not be able to be much help, but if i can be of any then i will be very happy to help any person around the globe who shares the passion for travelling the world.
One of the reasons why i have been on vt for more than 10 years is that this, on top of being a gret site to find and share information, also has a very good travel community where people meet from all over the world after getting in touch here in the first place.
I have met over a thousand different people from around the world in real life after first getting in touch with them here on this site.
I really enjoy meeting fellow travellers from around the globe and you are always welcome to drop me a line if you feel like meeting up somewhere around the globe.
I am on the road pretty much all the year so you might wanna start with asking me where i am right now, but i will sure be happy to meet any friendly traveller from this site.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Key West Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Islamabad Hotels
- Grand Cayman Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Tai Po Hotels
- Saskatoon Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Cheras Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Laoag City
- La Spezia
- Ottawa Hotels
- Prague Hotels
- Puerto Rico
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,886 Reviews
- 4,129 Photos
- 55 Countries
- 171 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Sometimes there is no point..."
- Commented on one of heydelin's Baler tips
- Wrote a Review Playing domino is a popular past time. in Ilha de São Miguel Local Customs
- updated a Ilha de São Miguel Travel Page "Very green and diverse island."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Very green and diverse island."
- cachaseiro and Anniko are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE BIKING VIKING"
- Uploaded a Video to Salvador da Bahia
VideosSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 73 reviews, 123 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 41 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 42 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 41 reviews, 89 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fåborg Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Intro, 28 reviews, 58 photos
- Jordan Intro, 22 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (10)
- Paris Hotels
- 22175 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23066 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1914 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos