"Seattle" Seattle by dzni
Seattle Travel Guide: 3,145 reviews and 7,644 photos
Seattle's nickname is rightly appropriate... The Emerald City. No, the buildings aren't all green, but really, it's a jewel of a city for the Pacific Northwest, or even for the world. Truly, this is one of my favorite cities. First, to clear up some confusion... it's not ALWAYS raining in Seattle, contrary to popular belief. It's true that they have their fair share of cloudy days and days with rain, but most cities of the U.S. actually receive MORE rain, volume-wise, than Seattle... Pittsburgh and St. Louis get about the same amount as Seattle.
Aside from the rain, I've rarely seen a city that offers so much. There's plenty of culture, from the arts to music to theatre to plenty of books! There's the wonderful seafood of the Northwest, found of course in Pike Place Market. You can't forget about coffee here, which is found everywhere (WHQ for Starbucks too!). Recreation abounds here, from parks to being within an hour of major hiking and skiing opportunities. Climate is wonderful year-round... mild (rarely below 32 in winter and in the 70's in summer). And the scenery is wonderful.... look up and see Mt. Rainier, look across Puget sound, or boat on Lake Washington.
I've been here twice, but I would definitely not be opposed to living here if I could. Maybe I'll forego the whole engineering plan after college and just open a coffeeshop someplace! :)
I can't remember if this is the largest building in the world or what, but it certainly is impressive. It's actually a... more travel advice
This is a huge, independent book store, and I just love this place! I think it has almost any book you could desire, but... more travel advice
- Hilton Seattle Airport &...
- See All The Original Starbucks
- You're in the Pacific...
- Packing List
- I actually found Seattle to be...
dzni's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 22 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Photos in SeattleSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Louisville Intro, 88 reviews, 12 photos
- Chicago Intro, 30 reviews, 17 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 19 photos
- Princeton Intro, 33 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Lafayette Intro, 31 reviews, 9 photos
- Orlando Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Utah Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Seattle Intro, 22 reviews, 11 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 12 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 19 reviews, 10 photos