"Seattle" Seattle by dzni

Seattle Travel Guide: 3,145 reviews and 7,644 photos

Seattle's nickname is rightly appropriate... The Emerald City. No, the buildings aren't all green, but really, it's a jewel of a city for the Pacific Northwest, or even for the world. Truly, this is one of my favorite cities. First, to clear up some confusion... it's not ALWAYS raining in Seattle, contrary to popular belief. It's true that they have their fair share of cloudy days and days with rain, but most cities of the U.S. actually receive MORE rain, volume-wise, than Seattle... Pittsburgh and St. Louis get about the same amount as Seattle.

Aside from the rain, I've rarely seen a city that offers so much. There's plenty of culture, from the arts to music to theatre to plenty of books! There's the wonderful seafood of the Northwest, found of course in Pike Place Market. You can't forget about coffee here, which is found everywhere (WHQ for Starbucks too!). Recreation abounds here, from parks to being within an hour of major hiking and skiing opportunities. Climate is wonderful year-round... mild (rarely below 32 in winter and in the 70's in summer). And the scenery is wonderful.... look up and see Mt. Rainier, look across Puget sound, or boat on Lake Washington.

I've been here twice, but I would definitely not be opposed to living here if I could. Maybe I'll forego the whole engineering plan after college and just open a coffeeshop someplace! :)

• Last visit to Seattle: Aug 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

dzni

“When I`m not traveling, I`d rather be planning the next trip!”

Badges & Stats in Seattle

Have you been to Seattle?

Latest Activity in Seattle