"Macau" Macao by dzni
Macao Travel Guide: 1,801 reviews and 5,508 photos
Macau is a small island that was once a province of Portugal, or at least was when I visited it. Now, like Hong Kong, it belongs to China. Regardless, this was truly a unique place amidst a sea of Asian culture. Here there was a very obvious mixture of Portuguese and Chinese/Cantonese influences. Most obvious is the architexture, which is very Iberian, or maybe even Carribean. The road signs are in Portuguese and Cantonese, and it was difficult to navigate, even with a Spanish and Mandarin language background.
Ah, but Macau has tons of sights to see, from old architectural ruins to colorful and vibrant squares. It really is a beautiful city, at least in the parts we visited. This is a highly reccommended day trip from Hong Kong.
Well, I would like to think that Macau is itself off the beaten path for most. But, just wander around and see what you... more travel advice
This is a huge pedestrian mall that is laid out with a wave-like pattern on the ground. You can see the big picture of... more travel advice
dzni's Related Pages
Macao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: MACAU"
- "Bem-Vindo a Macau - Welcome to Macau"
- "Macau - former Portuguese Colony"
- "aramat's new Macao Page"
- "Portuguese Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Macao
- Hotels in Macao
- Transportation in Macao
- Nightlife in Macao
- Restaurants in Macao
- Shopping in Macao
- Warnings and Dangers in Macao
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Macao
- 12 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Macao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Macao
Top 10 Pages
- Louisville Intro, 88 reviews, 12 photos
- Chicago Intro, 30 reviews, 17 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Lafayette Intro, 31 reviews, 9 photos
- Princeton Intro, 33 reviews, 7 photos
- Orlando Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Utah Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos
- Seattle Intro, 22 reviews, 11 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 19 reviews, 12 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 19 reviews, 10 photos