"TORONTO" Toronto by Lemonita

Toronto Travel Guide: 4,314 reviews and 8,927 photos

<font color = #DE9FFF>

The first time I went to Toronto, I was with my friend and we only stayed two days here.
Indeed, I was on a one week break and we drove all the way down to Toronto from Montreal, mostly to go to the Niagara Falls. Our schedule was pretty tight.

Niagara Falls was the only point of interest I knew in the Toronto aera. There is of course more but it was the only one worldwide famous. After all, the Falls were our main objective, THE site we wanted to visit.

We arrived at night and didn't see much of the town. We were tired of all the driving we did during the day and just grabbed dinner before going to bed, in order to wake up early the next day.

The next whole day was spent at Niagara Falls. I thought it was pretty crowded although we were there in November, which was clearly not high season. You really can spend an entire day at the Falls because there are quite a few attractions all around.

I thought the Falls were pretty impressive but I was disapointed to see that this site has become so commercial. Indeed, when you face the Falls, you feel you're in a very natural environment but then, once you turn around, you face the civilisation and the commercial side of it : casinos, hotels, restaurants, shops...

After the fireworks at night, we returned to Toronto. The next day, we visited Toronto. It was a Sunday. I guess we went to the wrong districts because the streets seemed to be so quiet. It was also raining.

So, clearly, I didn't have such a good impression about Toronto. I only knew that Chinese food was good over there ! :)

My second experience in Toronto was much more satisfying. I got to stay two weeks this time. I was on a business trip, which means my colleague and I were in a 5 star hotel (and not in a youth hostel !!), we didn't care too much about spending money for lunch and dinner (everything paid) and we had a car !!! That was such an amazing change from my first trip.

Furthermore, I had more time to visit the city, walk around, do some shopping... ;-))</font>

<i><center> Please come back for more...

• Last visit to Toronto: May 2001
  • Intro Written Jul 29, 2002

Lemonita

“My mind is constantly wandering to far away places.... But I'm stuck here !”

Badges & Stats in Toronto

Have you been to Toronto?

Latest Activity in Toronto