"A great american college experience" Top 5 Page for this destination Chapel Hill by Lemonita

Chapel Hill Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 65 photos

<font color = #009900>UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL

Many of you may not have heard about Chapel Hill... Nor have I until I flipped through the exchange programs brochure, provided by my French business school. I wanted to go to the United States and Chapel Hill seemed to be one of the most prestigious american exchange programs my school offered. I decided to ask for this one although I had no idea where exactly was located Chapel Hill, except that it was in North Carolina.

Chapel Hill is a small town, mainly college town, situated in North Carolina. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is the nation's first public university.

It is a 20 minutes from Raleigh, the state capital. Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill form the Research Triangle, a concentration of research companies or high tech ones.

I have never been to the US before and Chapel Hill was my first american experience. My stay lasted one semester, from August to December 2000.

The campus is really gorgeous ! I like the red bricks buildings, characteristic of North Carolina. The campus also has lots of trees, which makes it so nice...</font>

<i>Hope you like Chapel Hill, as much as I did while staying there...</i>

• Last visit to Chapel Hill: Jan 2000
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Travelogues (1)

Lemonita

“My mind is constantly wandering to far away places.... But I'm stuck here !”

Badges & Stats in Chapel Hill

Have you been to Chapel Hill?

Latest Activity in Chapel Hill