"A great american college experience" Top 5 Page for this destination Chapel Hill by Lemonita

Chapel Hill Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 65 photos

<font color = #009900>UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL

Many of you may not have heard about Chapel Hill... Nor have I until I flipped through the exchange programs brochure, provided by my French business school. I wanted to go to the United States and Chapel Hill seemed to be one of the most prestigious american exchange programs my school offered. I decided to ask for this one although I had no idea where exactly was located Chapel Hill, except that it was in North Carolina.

Chapel Hill is a small town, mainly college town, situated in North Carolina. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is the nation's first public university.

It is a 20 minutes from Raleigh, the state capital. Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill form the Research Triangle, a concentration of research companies or high tech ones.

I have never been to the US before and Chapel Hill was my first american experience. My stay lasted one semester, from August to December 2000.

The campus is really gorgeous ! I like the red bricks buildings, characteristic of North Carolina. The campus also has lots of trees, which makes it so nice...</font>

<i>Hope you like Chapel Hill, as much as I did while staying there...</i>

• Last visit to Chapel Hill: Dec 1999
  • Intro Written Jul 22, 2002

Travelogues (1)

• NCCruiseGurl's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2006 at 7:44 AM

Hi Lemonita, We are enjoying a gorgeous fall in NC. I went to high school in Chapel Hill and my mom still lives there. Glad you enjoyed this Southern Part of Heaven. GO HEELS!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 3:05 PM

What a splendid looking university. Thanks for sharing. Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• FOotFetish's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2004 at 10:47 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics :)) better understanding on Chapel Hill now!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2003 at 5:19 AM

UNC is a fine university, and they have a beautiful campus. Academically, they're excellent. But, OUR football team (Florida State) is much better. :) I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in my country, Florence. Nice page

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 1:04 AM

UNC is a very dreamed about school by Kodiak HS graduates! There is such a wonderful Academic and sports history here!!

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2003 at 8:40 AM

Did you drink from the well? You took some nice pictures of a beautiful campus.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2003 at 2:27 PM

It's been cold this winter! Great page.

• AndreasK's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2002 at 12:53 AM

one of my best friends graduated in Chapel Hill

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2002 at 3:59 PM

One of the best college campuses

• KaiM's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2002 at 9:15 AM

Sounds like you enjoyed your time at UNC

Lemonita

“My mind is constantly wandering to far away places.... But I'm stuck here !”

Badges & Stats in Chapel Hill

Have you been to Chapel Hill?

Latest Activity in Chapel Hill