Garmisch-Partenkirchen Local Custom Tips by truus_s
Garmisch-Partenkirchen Local Customs: 5 reviews and 12 photos
Bennie and Me..
This is Austria!! Bennie and Me
The southernmost region of Germany is part of the northern Alps, a mountainous area ranging from hills to mountains. The highest mountain in Germany is the "Zugspitze", the top of which is 2962 meters or 9717 feet above sea level.
Stepping out at the top of the cable railway you will find the weather station of the Zugspitze and of course, some restaurants offering you the opportunity to sit down for a moment and enjoy a meal and a drink.
If the weather is good you will have a wonderful view of the mountains and peaks of the Bavarian and the Austrian Alps.
It is a walker's paradise in this beautiful mountainous region, with walks along valleys , over plateaus and to the summits.
On the green slopes and mountain pastures cows can be seen grazing during the summer and they seem oblivious to the nature lovers passing by.
SEE THE ZUGSPITZE FROM THE OTHERSIDE!!
NICE HERE WALK AROUND THE LAKE
EIBSEE LOOKS FROM OUT THE TRAIN
BY THE EIBSEE...WAS THE WEATHER BETTER!!
PITTY IT WAS MISTY
truus_s' Related Pages
Garmisch-Partenkirchen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Garmisch Partenkirchen"
- "weekend in Garmisch-Partenkirchen"
- "Welcome to my Ga-P page!"
- "A Tale of Two Villages"
- "Garmish-Partenkirchen and the Zugspitze"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Hotels in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Transportation in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Nightlife in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Restaurants in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Shopping in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Warnings and Dangers in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nawabganj Hotels
- Sunnyside Hotels
- 'Ain Beida Hotels
- Kracherberg Hotels
- Hamburger Hallig
Badges & Stats in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Top 10 Pages
- Beltrum Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Scheveningen Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Munster Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zwillbrock Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Losser Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (36)
Latest Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotel reviews
- Gasthof Fraundorfer
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hotel Zugspitze
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hotel Almenrausch und Edelweiss
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hotel Bavaria
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Atlas Posthotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Hotel Garmischer Hof
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Hotel Gasthof Drei Mohren
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Forsthaus Graseck
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Riessersee Hotel Sport & SPA Resort
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Hotel Hilleprandt
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Post Hotel Partenkirchen
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Gastehaus Maria
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Hotel Edelweiss
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013