"Aljezur - the west coast of Algarve" Aljezur by ginguba
Aljezur Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
Almost everyone has an image of Algarve on their mind - you'll have to forget about that, this is a completely different Algarve from the crowded touristy one. I personally used to say i hated the Algarve before i met this part of it.
The whole west cost from Alentejo - Sines - until the very end of that side of Portugal - Sagres, the cape of Saint Vincent, it's absolutely stunning! It has loads of amazing beaches, some with long stretches of sand others smaller framed by large rocks with outstanding beauty. And with some nice little towns on the way.
It is still quite a off beaten place by mass tourism, and i would be happy if it would be kept like that. Not that i don't want people to know about it, but here in Portugal when things start getting well-known the construction area gets crazy and start building huge hotels everywhere.
In most of the town councils if the builders pay well enough, they'll forget about nature protected areas. That's how south algarve and other areas in Portugal ended like that small islands of big buildings - there's nothing beautiful about that.
Carrapateira is a very small village down after Aljezur. It's one of my favorite places in Portugal, and this restaurant... more travel advice
ginguba's Related Pages
Aljezur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aljezur - the west coast of Algarve"
- "Walking up the castle"
- "Lovely Village"
- "Praia da Arrifana, Aljezur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aljezur
- Hotels in Aljezur
- Transportation in Aljezur
- Restaurants in Aljezur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aljezur
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Aljezur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aljezur
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 39 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Verde Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Portugal Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Tarifa (Granada) Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Sintra Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Granada Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Coimbra Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Porto Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos