"Avon, my summer getaway" Avon by upesnlwc
Avon Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 70 photos
If you are a frequent visitor to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, you more than likely never make it as far south as Avon. Most visitors turn around when the Mile Marker hits 17. Do yourself a favor and make that left hand turn toward Hatteras and Ocracoke and drive until you come across the town of Avon.
You will be suprised at the size of the beach once you venture South of Nags Head.
Where there is water, there are fish...Whether surf casting, sport fishing from a 47 foot Hatteras, or just dropping a line over the peir Avon has you covered.
- Pros:About 1 hour past Nags Head
- Cons:About 1 hour past Nags Head
Looks like a total dive, but that's part of the charm. If you want to go where the locals go for a beer and a quick... more travel advice
The maximum speed for beach driving is 25 mph, but even that can be too fast on a crowded day. The speed limit is... more travel advice
upesnlwc's Related Pages
Avon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ladyfisher's new Avon Page"
- "Welcome to Avon on the Outer Banks of NC"
- "Avon, my summer getaway"
- "Outer Banks Vacation"
- "rege's new Avon Page"
- "avonlady's new Avon Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avon
- Hotels in Avon
- Transportation in Avon
- Nightlife in Avon
- Restaurants in Avon
- Shopping in Avon
- Warnings and Dangers in Avon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avon
- 16 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Avon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avon
Top 10 Pages
- Williamsburg Intro, 73 reviews, 107 photos
- Avon Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Richmond Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Davis Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Farmville Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Munich Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Hallein 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.