Punta Cana Favorite Tips by upesnlwc
Punta Cana Favorites: 14 reviews and 16 photos
Towel sculpture & fruit basket, all for being nice
Favorite thing: The maids that tirelessly clean our hotel rooms normally get the short end of the stick when it comes to making additional money from tips. Also, the Maids normally don't make the kind of money that it costs to purchase make-up or jewelry after feeding their families.
Here's an idea...Before you leave for your trip to the Dominican (or any country that has mass poverty), make a stop at the local dollar store, or your neighborhood Kmart. These stores normally have cheap make-up meant for children. Pick up $10 or $15 worth of this make-up. Leave an item everyday with a dollar and some directions for your maid. If you want additonal water or beer or towels, leave a note asking for it with the gift. I will garauntee that your gift will go a long way.
We always left a couple dollars with the make-up and a note and were never displeased.
One day we came back to 6 extra bath towels, another day we came home to 9 huge bottles of water, and another day we came to see an additional 6-pack of Presidente Beer. This is in addition to all of the towl sculptures that were left everyday in our room.
A little goes a long way in the Dominican, just remember that.
More Reviews (12)
- Pack Sunscreen!!!
- See All Taxi Service Con't
- Don't drink the water
- See Tourist Trap
- Vendors on the Resort Grounds
upesnlwc's Related Pages
Punta Cana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Punta Cana, Dominican Republic"
- "Punta Cana"
- "With friends and husband on a great trip"
- "punta cana"
- "A week in paradise"
- "Souvenirs from the Dominican By Umfufu"
- "Beach Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta Cana
- Hotels in Punta Cana
- Transportation in Punta Cana
- Nightlife in Punta Cana
- Restaurants in Punta Cana
- Shopping in Punta Cana
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta Cana
- See All...
Explore the World
- Papeete Hotels
- Bandung Hotels
- Kabul Hotels
- Myrtle Beach
- James Island
- Port Douglas
- Ja-Ela Hotels
Badges & Stats in Punta Cana
- 13 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Punta Cana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Cana
Top 10 Pages
- Williamsburg Intro, 73 reviews, 107 photos
- Avon Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Richmond Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Davis Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Farmville Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Munich Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Hallein 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.
- Snorkeling and Scuba- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Beach- 14 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Altos de Chavon- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Isla Saona- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Daytrips- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Manati Park- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Jurassic Safari- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Parasailing- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Horseback Riding- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- ATV- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Punta Cana Things to Do