"Waikato Region, where I live." Top 5 Page for this destination Waikato by kiwi
Waikato Travel Guide: 305 reviews and 1,239 photos
The Waikato is the region where I live, and therefore the part of the world I can most easily write about and build pages. I can venture out for hours or minutes with my camera and capture images to share with you and write about.
This region is known as the most fertile and prosperous farming area in New Zealand. Climate is temperate, nice hot summers and it never gets cold enough to snow here. We do get our share of long dull days in the summer with dismal fogs at times. And we get a decent amount of rainfall, but this is why the region is so lush and green.
Take a look at the pages I have built within the region and you will get a good idea of how life is like here.
We are situated between Auckland and Rotorua, and it's not too long a drive to get to a city from anywhere in the Waikato. Enjoy your visit.
The name of our region is immortalised on the cans of beer called Waikato Draught. I guess putting draught into a can is a contradiction, but it is also a sign of the times and a great marketing move.
Seems Waikato and Rugby go hand in hand and it seems fitting that they are both prominent in our region.
We had a mini VT meeting when on a trek in the Kaimai Hills, near Matamata.
Here we are: kiwi, kiwitrekker (x2) and in front, allikat. We are at the lookout on the Wairere Falls walk.
- Pros:We can turn grass into milk more efficiently than anywhere in the world.
- Cons:The fog, the rain, and being the region that everyone seems to pass through.
- In a nutshell:A great Green region, steeped in tradition: Rugby, Racing & Beer.
If you venture out towards the West Coast beaches on Hwy 23, you can divert down Te Mata Rd to find this lovely... more travel advice
Although they may joke on the billboards, this is an increasing and very real problem in the Waikato region. I am... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Waikato Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waikato Region, where I live."
- "The Mighty Waikato"
- "Waikato - North Island's Farming Region"
- "A few days in the Waikato"
- "TIRAU - Home of CORRUGATED IRON CUT-OUTS"
- "Waikato Region"
- "Waikato, New Zealand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waikato
- Hotels in Waikato
- Transportation in Waikato
- Nightlife in Waikato
- Restaurants in Waikato
- Shopping in Waikato
- Warnings and Dangers in Waikato
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waikato
- 92 Reviews
- 479 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Waikato?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waikato
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Can not upload photos....."
- Commented on one of kiwi's Waikato travel pages
- updated a Waikato Travel Page "Waikato Region, where I live."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Waikato Region, where I live."
- Wrote a Review West Coast Bridal Veil Falls in Waikato Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues