"PERRIS VALLEY AIRPORT" Perris by kiwi

Perris Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 44 photos

THERE ISN'T A LOT TO DO AT PERRIS, SO GO SKYDIVE!!

My only reason to visit Perris was to visit the drop zone where I spent some months when I was young, as my mother was an instructor at the Skydive school there back in the 80's. So I had the opportunity to visit the owners of the airport who I knew way back then.

PERRIS VALLEY SKYDIVING CENTRE has some of the most modern aircraft to get you up to altitude in a relatively short time. This one is a Twin Otter great for a load of skydivers!
Check them out at http://skydiveperris.com.
2003 they opened their big Wind Tunnel, where people can experience freefall without going up to high altitude, and the experienced jumpers can practice their techniques. What a great facility this is.

There are wonderful facilities out there at the airport, including accommodation if needed. This is the Bombshelter restaurant and bar. It's a true oasis from the heat where you can relax, watch the video of your jump, cool down in the aircon and watch the experienced jumpers and even listen to some of their stories.
Depending on where you are coming from it takes about 90 mins to drive out there. Perris is found on Hwy 215.
Scroll down and check out my two travelogues on this page to see the amazing photos of my tandem skydive.

• Pros:You can have a lot of fun, and get the adrenalin pumping.
  • Cons:It can get murderously hot out here!
  • In a nutshell:Skydive, skydive, skydive!!!
  • Last visit to Perris: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2012

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Love your skydiving pic! wasnt it awsome! I loved every second of it :)

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Damn, I want to do that.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2007 at 10:07 AM

This is where I would dive as a in my teens and early twenties wonder if your mom was my instructor I was diving from here form 1967 through 1974. It was a very different sport than I think.

• kenari's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 3:10 PM

wow!!!great pic and good tips in new zealand page.new zealand will be our next destination after this.still jumping from the sky ??

• Aug 27, 2006 at 5:17 AM

The company i jumped with only filmed with a wrist cam and not with another jumper. I played the dvd on my computer and took some pics with my camera,so not great quality,but better than nothing. (pics on my homepage) John.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 2:21 PM

I laughed when I saw you had a Perris page - you're right, not much there (but I think we took our kids when they were little to some train exhibit). Enjoyed very much your skydiving photos!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 8:44 PM

Wow!! Pam. Bet that was awesome!! Pretty good looking instructor too ;o) Lucky you!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 2:28 PM

Love this skydiving stuff - on my "always wanted to but never and now I'd be scared to death" list. Will always return to your pages. Ciao, Carol

• spitball's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Looks like you've got a monkey on your back. ;)

• Feb 19, 2006 at 12:11 PM

hi there wow just checking your page on tand sky dive wowey! i want to do one in summer. you have a loverly site with some great pics stevo :)))

kiwi

“Travel is the world's best education.”

Badges & Stats in Perris