"PERRIS VALLEY AIRPORT" Perris by kiwi
Perris Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 44 photos
My only reason to visit Perris was to visit the drop zone where I spent some months when I was young, as my mother was an instructor at the Skydive school there back in the 80's. So I had the opportunity to visit the owners of the airport who I knew way back then.
PERRIS VALLEY SKYDIVING CENTRE has some of the most modern aircraft to get you up to altitude in a relatively short time. This one is a Twin Otter great for a load of skydivers!
Check them out at http://skydiveperris.com.
2003 they opened their big Wind Tunnel, where people can experience freefall without going up to high altitude, and the experienced jumpers can practice their techniques. What a great facility this is.
There are wonderful facilities out there at the airport, including accommodation if needed. This is the Bombshelter restaurant and bar. It's a true oasis from the heat where you can relax, watch the video of your jump, cool down in the aircon and watch the experienced jumpers and even listen to some of their stories.
Depending on where you are coming from it takes about 90 mins to drive out there. Perris is found on Hwy 215.
Scroll down and check out my two travelogues on this page to see the amazing photos of my tandem skydive.
- Pros:You can have a lot of fun, and get the adrenalin pumping.
- Cons:It can get murderously hot out here!
- In a nutshell:Skydive, skydive, skydive!!!
If you are interested in aircraft, this is a great place to visit. Situated on the perimeter of March Airforce Base,... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Perris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PERRIS VALLEY AIRPORT"
- "Goewyn's Perris Page"
- "Skydive Perris"
- "steve_fletch's new Perris Page"
- "la_beba's new Perris Page"
- "Where i live."
- "Basaic Perris Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perris
- 2 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Perris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Elecrtic light at home"
- Commented on one of kiwi's Perris tips
- Uploaded a Video to Perris
- updated a Perris Travel Page "PERRIS VALLEY AIRPORT"
- Wrote a Review March Field Air Museum in Perris Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "PHOTOLOGUE OF MY TANDEM JUMP AT PERRIS."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 114 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues